Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black EST 202 pinging so is it a CAS vac leak or the EGR

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah mate hei dissy off a blue 202 or black efi 202.

Get rid of all EST junk,less headache...less wiring.

Varijet carbs aren't that bad if not leaking & choke still works lol

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
As mentioned, better off ditching the est setup and put in a 308. Mine was a 202 carb est and as the est system uses sensors all it takes is for 1 of the sensors to play up and it would always then put the engine into limp mode f@#kin pissed me off so I ripped all the est components out along with the motor and trans and diff, plonked in a 308 turbo pattern with th350 box and 9" diff. Best thing I ever did to the old beast! Then again mine isn't a daily more of a weekend cruiser :cool:

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Yeah mate hei dissy off a blue 202 or black efi 202.

Get rid of all EST junk,less headache...less wiring.

Varijet carbs aren't that bad if not leaking & choke still works lol

Yeah the choke works and it runs pretty well except for the slight rattle under load ... it has been very reliable for me and i am thinking the EGR just needs the carbon raked out of it ... gotta look into that ... need more info on that gig ...

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Has anybody else cleaned out a clogged EGR ?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Is it worth getting a new HEI or do people try to get a used HEI off a blue motor? That's if they are still around ...

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Pretty much every egr I've ever taken off has been carboned up to the point of blocked along with the efe stuck in the open position the big question is can you find a vc vh commodore distributor thats not worn out or do you buy a Chinese copy off ebay ? Ive put a few ebay copys in they seam all right on some I changed the module on others I used the mec coil if you wanted it 100% maybe get scorcher to supply you a rebuilt one' I say scorcher as they are the only mob I know of that rebuild distributors they aren't cheap thou there would be other mobs I guess.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
If i manually move the valve up it doesn't seem to affect the engine idle but if i take off the EGR hose from the carby and give it some suction i can make the EGR valve move up and down. Is that right or does that mean the manifold port is blocked?

Yeah the big question is trying to get a used original HEI dizzy or go for a new copy ...

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Yeah i'm thinking 2nd hand is chancy ... as for the EGR the valve isn't stuck and suction on the hose will make it move up and down ... maybe the manifold port is blocked but i am not sure how to sort that out yet ...

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Cant remember ever seeing a working EGR etc...all completely blocked or removed.

Can rebuild hei dissy to fix freeplay...most of the 202's had burnt valves or several vac leaks the owners didn't even notice in first place lol