Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black holden vf badge

What is the more popular option matte black or gloss black for the holden badge?

• Matte

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Gloss

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Robbo1999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY14 Sports Sedan
I'm buying a black holden badge to replace the silver and I'm not sure which is more popular, matte or gloss black. Will gloss match the front grill? I have a sv6 vf sedan.
Cheers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
**** me, maybe go past on FB. What do YOU like, don’t worry about everyone else.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Go for chevy badge
Mad street cred bruv

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
you forgot carbon fibre , or colour match it with your car , but I would match it with what ever black you have on the car

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Gloss.

The matte ones look like they are painted with cheap paint thats faded or plastidip crap.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
I tried to get my grill badge off to paint it gloss black and nearly fkd it so I masked it up and did it on the car. Looks better now it doesn't stand out.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I got a matte black one for the VE SV6 andf when I ordered the VF, I ordered a matte for it also. When the car arrived, I put the matte badge on and it looked weird as the plastic on the grille is glossier on the VF than the VE. But mine is a black edition, not sure if it's the same on all SV6s. I ordered and replaced the VF with a gloss one and it looks much better.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
If you want a nice gloss black badge,degrease them real well,very lite spray of undercoat then get one of those small cans of Warrigal black or Ebony black,I think they are Holts,same colour different name,it’s the same colour Holden used to do on their cars,ie door frames and such,DONT use any other as it will come out crap,I’ve used it for years and swear by it.