Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black/orange gamer in a trick Nanoxia case

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
I've been a bit lazy with the build logs lately, skipped one or two of my builds completely. I'd like to claim I was "too busy", but in reality I'm just a naturally very lazy person :)

Decided this one deserved a log though for a couple of reasons - one being there's not a lot of info on this case out there yet, and the other being I managed to fit a 171mm cooler in a "160mm max" case so people should probably know that it's possible.

I'll go ahead and lead with a couple of photos of the finished build.

Specs:
Nanoxia Claw case
i5 4670K
Phanteks PH-TC14PE Orange Edition cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ares 1600MHz
Gainward GTX 770 Golden Sample 2GB
Corsair CX600M
SanDisk Extreme II 240GB SSD
3TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD

OCD moments:
Changed front fans out to BitFenix Spectre Orange, swapped the Claw stickers over from the original fans even though they are only visible from inside the case
Decided the Spectre fans weren't orange enough, unwired half the system to dig them out again and swap the originals back in
Braided/twisted those GPU power cables no less than 4 times before I was happy with them

So there it is - my first orange build! I was worried about this because from everything I have seen orange is a tricky feature colour to pull off. "Tricky" has never stopped me trying something stupid before, and I'm glad I did - this gaming tower looks stunning.

Read more on overclock.net.

Feedback welcome as always.
Sam

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Looks awesome. I saw a white and orange Titanfall themed Bitfenix Prodigy build on LinusTechTips. Orange looks real nice when done right.