Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black Rubber Aerial

Goldie87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Howdy all, Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to get a shortened black rubber aerial instead of the stock power aerial as mine doesn't work anyway? Cheers

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
haven't seen one in use for about 15 years except for 2way radios, but I know the ones you mean. maybe try the usual outlets like autobarn/super**** etc.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Or just replace your current aerial. $80 or so for an Aerpro model.

yeah, why would you want an ugly ass black areal when you can replace your current one with a fully elctric aerial?

$120 from autobarn

aZk.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The rubber ones may be set for a particular frequency, which means they wouldnt be suitable as a radio antenna.

Goldie87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Ahh really i see. Yeah would it be hard to wire in a new one? Because mine currently doesnt work. How do you go about making it operate correctly with the radio also? Cheers

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I always used to replace ever breaking steel aerials with the small black rubber ones, $15 at supercheap for one designed for FM stereo use - straight swap as plug is the same and they work great.

lgnd3800

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
BUSted VR
I always used to replace ever breaking steel aerials with the small black rubber ones, $15 at supercheap for one designed for FM stereo use - straight swap as plug is the same and they work great.

might have to get myself oen of those cause im always breaking my ariel

Goldie87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
do they have the angled fitting though for the VS?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I have not done the VS fit - but the VL had an angled fit and it was no problem adapting using a mix of parts from the stock bracket and the multi fit parts that come with the rubber aerials. You'll need to pull down the stock aerial and have a look at how it works - compare with the parts that come with the rubber aeial, but definately worthwhile if you keep breaking the stock aerial.