Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black stock Blaupunkt?

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
as far as getting a black hu, theres usually a few for sale on ebay. i have only ever seen black ones out of calais/ss/hsv so they have all been 6 stackers.

im changing my dash to black as well but since i have a vy acclaim, it has the standard ac/heater controls and not climate control. are there any models with a black dash that dont have climate? i need the fascia and controls etc for the aircon otherwise im going to have to have a go with some paint.. :unsure:

Yes there are. I just went to my local holden dealer and they ordered the parts in. There are some SS models that are non-climate control. FYI if you are planning to convert everything to black you are looking @ well over $700 in parts, depending on how much black you want. The heater controls in black alone are almost $160, the power-window switch block is $150, the list goes on. I'm finding this out the hard way. The power switch for the auto is $30 and you need to buy the plate that goes around the shift lever, it doesn't come with the lower centre console part. Then there are the headlight switch/menu switch block blah blah blah. It has been an interesting experience. BTW changing the power switch is a PIA :bang: .

Ebay occassionally has the black HU but there is only one currently in NSW and they won't ship to VIC :ranting: . If anyone has one lying around I'd love to make an offer :bow: .

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Here is one on eBay for you:thumbsup:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
mine comes out on the 25th, touch screen going in, so if you want to save some cash and can wait, ill send mine over for you to "play" with. My letters havent scratched off even when the silver comes off. PM me if you want it.

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
Yes there are. I just went to my local holden dealer and they ordered the parts in. There are some SS models that are non-climate control. FYI if you are planning to convert everything to black you are looking @ well over $700 in parts, depending on how much black you want. The heater controls in black alone are almost $160, the power-window switch block is $150, the list goes on. I'm finding this out the hard way. The power switch for the auto is $30 and you need to buy the plate that goes around the shift lever, it doesn't come with the lower centre console part. Then there are the headlight switch/menu switch block blah blah blah. It has been an interesting experience. BTW changing the power switch is a PIA :bang: .

Ebay occassionally has the black HU but there is only one currently in NSW and they won't ship to VIC :ranting: . If anyone has one lying around I'd love to make an offer :bow: .

ive already done the shifter surround, pwr and tc buttons, power window buttons, headlight switch, lower console part out of a vz hsv.

next thing i want to do is put a vz ss/hsv console fascia bit on because i want to put a storage bin in the top.. because they only came on cars that had climate however, im going to have to either change to climate control (which will be a lot of work) or do a lot of cutting and messing around modifying the fascia. ill have a crack at it on the weekend and post some pics if anyones interested

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ah, so some of the VY's have them as well, that helps expand my search at the wreckers, thanks.

fluxxx said:
...are there any models with a black dash that dont have climate?...

Yes and Yes.

My VY SS has both the black head unit AND the black dash without climate...

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Here is one on eBay for you:thumbsup:

Thanks for the link. The parts guy from my local dealer knew I was looking for one and had just called. He said Holden had a couple of new ones left in stock that they are looking to get rid of now the VE is here. They are giving it to me new for $330 :D .