Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black stock Blaupunkt?

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
What model/s of the VZ came with the black Blaupunkt head unit? Or does one actually exist?

I am converting my SV6 to an all black interior and want to know what models had them so I can track one down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
calais does i am pretty sure. so too the ss i think. police cars have them also

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
calais does i am pretty sure. so too the ss i think. police cars have them also

Excellent, thanks for that, now I just have to find a wrecked one or someone who wants to sell one. Don't think the cops would give one up ;)
Have some friends in traffic police and they are very protective of their SS's.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yep, calais and ss's have them for sure.
My brother just traded his vy calais in on a vz ss and they both have them from factory.

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
Yep, calais and ss's have them for sure.
My brother just traded his vy calais in on a vz ss and they both have them from factory.

Ah, so some of the VY's have them as well, that helps expand my search at the wreckers, thanks.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
my stock unit in my sv6 is the silvery colour, but has began to scratch off and is black underneath. My CD/Tuner button has completely scratched off and have one black button!!

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
my stock unit in my sv6 is the silvery colour, but has began to scratch off and is black underneath. My CD/Tuner button has completely scratched off and have one black button!!

i have seen that too! is there a way to buy a replacement button because i find things like that quite annoying

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
i have seen that too! is there a way to buy a replacement button because i find things like that quite annoying

Do you loose the writing on the buttons to? Is the black underneath the same as the black in the SS/Calais etc radio?

Is there a way to rub the grey off (without pushing the buttons lots of times? :D )

I want the HU in black, happy to buy one if I can find one :ranting: , but you have given me an idea.

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
as far as getting a black hu, theres usually a few for sale on ebay. i have only ever seen black ones out of calais/ss/hsv so they have all been 6 stackers.

im changing my dash to black as well but since i have a vy acclaim, it has the standard ac/heater controls and not climate control. are there any models with a black dash that dont have climate? i need the fascia and controls etc for the aircon otherwise im going to have to have a go with some paint.. :unsure:

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
as far as getting a black hu, theres usually a few for sale on ebay. i have only ever seen black ones out of calais/ss/hsv so they have all been 6 stackers.

im changing my dash to black as well but since i have a vy acclaim, it has the standard ac/heater controls and not climate control. are there any models with a black dash that dont have climate? i need the fascia and controls etc for the aircon otherwise im going to have to have a go with some paint.. :unsure:

police cars do...

Attachments

• PICT1707.jpg
    PICT1707.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 369