Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black Strip Removal or Change

johnsy33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ser II Executive
Hey all, i'm a bit of a rookie at this but i was just wonderin if someone knew if there is a way of changing or removing that black strip that goes right around my vs ser 2 executive.I just think my car would look much better if that black strip was either gone or replaced with a white one. Any advice?

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Ey, go to the thread 08_adaml said to, thats mine about removing the black strips, follow that and whats said in there and u will be pretty much be set....
Its resonabley easy, will take under a days work (day being 10am - 4pm ish), as you have a VS your paint will be 2pac, so u can go to an auto paint supplier and buy a caramel wheel to get the sikaflex off once youve removed the strips.
Any Q's either post here or PM me....

Nick

S

schmocky

Hey guys

does anyone in melb know where i can go to get the strips removed from the doors?? and roughly how much im looking at??

W

wizza

yeh i paid 15 at my panel shop, though i cleaned up all the glue **** off the otherside of the strip myself.

cheers