Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black Vx Calais insanely rare

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
So for about 4 months now ive been hunting for a series 2 black vx calais v8, Ive seen one on gumtree but it had a million k's and one v6 that was being wrecked. Thats all ive seen on gumtree, car sales, Cars guide in 4 bloody months :/ theres been about 5 Internationals up for sale and theres less than 350 of those! Has anyone seen many black calais around or for sale? Seems like they are incredibly rare or no one is selling them :/ As you can tell I really want one, get my fulls next month. Guess I just have to wait it out and one might come up? Cheers for any input

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
search "Carsales.com", place a wanted ad on ebay, gumleaf, Trading Post Online and any other sites you can find then sit back and wait for results. There were a decent number of them built, I would think that some would be available for sale.

mcada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Some interstate dealers will freight easily enough, just depends on how much you are willing to spend.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
most likley the freight will cost about 1K tops, good if you find a gem interstate

vtv6sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
Hi, I have a black Calais with 255XXX kms on it. but it is a supercharged VT not a VX

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Try looking in the Brisbane area, people seem to be obsessed with black cars up here, Not sure why ... The sunlight shows up all the swirl marks in them.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
So for about 4 months now ive been hunting for a series 2 black vx calais v8, Ive seen one on gumtree but it had a million k's and one v6 that was being wrecked. Thats all ive seen on gumtree, car sales, Cars guide in 4 bloody months :/ theres been about 5 Internationals up for sale and theres less than 350 of those! Has anyone seen many black calais around or for sale? Seems like they are incredibly rare or no one is selling them

Are you searching countrywide?

Not really, Don't have the time to travel really far to look at one

pfft your not trying very hard then. I've traveled from SA to Brisbane to get the car i've wanted before (had to take time off work too) and also got one trucked home form Canberra. Sounds like there just not in your state for sale doesn't mean there rare LOL