Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black VX SS

R

Rossgo79

soz for late reply Phil!!
I'm still not sure what exhaust i'm going to get but for the time being just going to change back half to get a nice v8 growl from it.

In the future thinking of pacemaker headers , 2 1/2 stainless exhaust , high flow cats.

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hey love the car mate, VX are a top model.

P.S. Are you keeping those rims, I'd love a set for my VS! :thumbsup:

C

cameron4518

Good to c u got a real car

Good to See u dont have a riced up beven vp,vn,vr,vs they are the worst commodores holden made, the vh vk vl's are better!, nothing beats the vt's and vx's and vy's mate! good cars because Beven loosers dont drive em.

Haze SS

Reaction score
Website
www.westcoastcommodores.com
Members Ride
VX SS
Rossgo79 said:
I'm still not sure what exhaust i'm going to get but for the time being just going to change back half to get a nice v8 growl from it.

In the future thinking of pacemaker headers , 2 1/2 stainless exhaust , high flow cats.

I recently had a Manta system put on from the cats back, running through 2 hotdogs in mild steel. I wanted stainless but was told that mild gives a deeper note + it's cheaper. Once the system was put on it made a whole lot of difference to the sound and performance of the car. Hope this gives you some ideas ross!

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Awesome SS, I love VX commodores, Best commodore made so far...well except the mighty Vk of course:p

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
:b:
Rossgo79 said:

Mate dont bother with the Highflow cats, its LS1 cats flow really well, not even cars running mid 11's have changed them , DO ya self a favour mate Join LS1.com.au and research Every mod before you do it , or you will be buy **** like high flow mafs and ported throttle bodys, or even a hiclone :b: mate i dont think many people on here can really help you in respect to getting the most out of you GEN III.

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
cameron4518 said:
Good to See u dont have a riced up beven vp,vn,vr,vs they are the worst commodores holden made, the vh vk vl's are better!, nothing beats the vt's and vx's and vy's mate! good cars because Beven loosers dont drive em.
good to see you can't even spell, you drive a VT "execustive"?? i didnt know holden ever mad a car called the "execustive" must have been a special model...
and you have a '97 model VT and think u are king ****? :w00t: probably an ex taxi lol

moral to the story, don't make broad comments about people who drive older cars than yours... :wave:

p.s. the ss looks great Rossgo79, love that interior!

Last edited:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
keep it civil guys, or I see posts being deleted....

Nice car rossgo, welcome to the forum :) I have heard nothing but good stuff about ls1edit when it comes to getting maximum power 4 your $$$$$

R

Rossgo79

Got some bad news the other day. I went to get my exhaust looked at and get a quote and the guy said i have been robbed by the car yard!!!!! It must have had a sport system of some sort on it but someone has ripped it off and put the vt 5 litre system on it :ranting: . Whilst i was there i got them to chop back muffler out to try and give it a little bit of a note but only suceeded in making it sound droney :my: , so i better get saving my pennys real fast.......