Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black wheel nut caps

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
Does anyone know how to prevent the balck wheel nut caps coming off. I have the 18" ss rims and it does it all the time. Holden won't even acknowledge that they do not clip on properly. $3.50 each for a bit of plastic, what a joke.

Holden reckon they get stolen from my lock up garage but it is always the left hand side of vehicle.

The guys at the tyre shop says they see it all the time.:bang:

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
superglue, silicon..something sticky?..im not entirely sure because i dont know how they fit to the wheel

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
no issue with mine

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
Ive noticed this too on my ute. The caps dont sit on properly, but its mainly due to the design of the center cap of the rim (which wont be the problem on sv6/ss/ssv etc). I would get a bit of tape and make one layer around the wheel nut then slip the cap on (should fit tighter on).

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Are they much different to pre VE? Or is it just a VE problem? I've only lost one or two caps, and thats because they were 'stretched' over a lock nut, then put back onto the normal nut instead of the locknut.

A

acca00

not a problem with mine, shouldn't it be a warranty thing?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Take them all off, then u dont have to worry anymore:thumbsup:

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Blu tack them on, won't take much for them to not fall off, your talking about the nut covers right?

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
I had the chrome wheel nut covers on my standard steel wheels and they were not a good fit..so I used a bit of silastic on each one to hold it on (worked well)...
When I fitted the SSV wheels..the caps all clipped on and felt like the were a solid fit..
I think it was because the steel wheels had a sligthly different offset..so the wheel studs were not sticking out as much and the cap could sit seated in the correct place..
This info might help you sort it out..cos it is a pain..also..the caps are cheaper to get on ebay.