Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VF] Blackvue DR650GE-2CH Dash Cam Install

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I realized that afterwards lol, instead of installing a fuse block off that plug could I instead just run inline fuses?
Yes absolutely.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
The fuse block is a much better idea and not something I've previously considered when doing things like this. In-line fuses can be a bitch...especially if you have to replace the fuse. The fuse block allows for 'expansion' and flexibility. Also makes testing a lot easier.
I put the fuse block in for future expansion of other items.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
Thanks for the great photo install, I am currently doing it now to my VF II V Calais, it has been really helpful on the cable routing but with a 750 2CH

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks for the great photo install, I am currently doing it now to my VF II V Calais, it has been really helpful on the cable routing but with a 750 2CH

No dramas, glad it helped.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
No dramas, glad it helped.

Hey there I am about to attempt to do this in my VF. Just to confirm:

1. I plug my Blackvue dash cam into the cigarette lighter slot provided on the PMP.
2. With the supplied wires of the PMP, I run the yellow wire to a ‘pin’ on the Narva fuse box, then the red wire to a ‘pin’ on the Narva fuse box (say, directly underneath but obviously on the same side).
3. Use 3 amp or similar fuses in the Narva fuse box.
4. I then use spare wire laying around to form a connection from the ‘in-line’ pins of the Narva fuse box on its other side to the PMP, and to the DOC connector, ensuring that the pin in line with yellow is constant and that red is only when the car is powered?

I am looking at the wiring and there looks to be plenty of excess wire included in the PMP which allows me to cut that off and use it for step 4?

Cheers. :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey there I am about to attempt to do this in my VF. Just to confirm:

1. I plug my Blackvue dash cam into the cigarette lighter slot provided on the PMP.
2. With the supplied wires of the PMP, I run the yellow wire to a ‘pin’ on the Narva fuse box, then the red wire to a ‘pin’ on the Narva fuse box (say, directly underneath but obviously on the same side).
3. Use 3 amp or similar fuses in the Narva fuse box.
4. I then use spare wire laying around to form a connection from the ‘in-line’ pins of the Narva fuse box on its other side to the PMP, and to the DOC connector, ensuring that the pin in line with yellow is constant and that red is only when the car is powered?

I am looking at the wiring and there looks to be plenty of excess wire included in the PMP which allows me to cut that off and use it for step 4?

Cheers. :)
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Not really, you only need to wire the fuse block accessory power and permanent power from the DOC connector, I have used red and black for this, i really should have used a colour other than black. From the “fused” side of the fuse block, you are using cables provided with the PMP. This then powers the cameras.

You should not cut any of the provided loom as you are introducing possible future failure areas, drop into an auto elec and ask to buy a meter of cable in two colours, or buy some from an auto parts store.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Not really, you only need to wire the fuse block accessory power and permanent power from the DOC connector, I have used red and black for this, i really should have used a colour other than black. From the “fused” side of the fuse block, you are using cables provided with the PMP. This then powers the cameras.

You should not cut any of the provided loom as you are introducing possible future failure areas, drop into an auto elec and ask to buy a meter of cable in two colours, or buy some from an auto parts store.
Thanks mate - sorry I probably should have described this better. Essentially I have 2 wires on the fuse side that go to the PMP. Then the two fuses on the fuse block. Then the corresponding two male ‘pins’ on the non-fuse side of the block go to the DOC connector. That will leave two male ‘pins’ on both sides of the fuse block disused as I am only needing to connect the red and yellow from the camera to the DOC connector pins?

I will go and buy some new wire altogether today to form that connection from the DOC connector to the fuse block, so thanks for the suggestion. :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Tommy, your onto it mate.
Good luck with the install.
When tucking the camera cable into the pillar and roof lining, look at the airbags and think about how they deploy, so that you don't run your wires, across them.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
Did you mount the rear camera in the centre of to the LHS and running the cable from rear to front was it hard to tuck up behind trim and down A pillar? Still waiting on my wire wrap been to 5 different shops in town and only had insulation tape, so good old ebay come to the rescue.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I mounted the rear camera so the lense is in the centre of the rear screen.
I removed the door seals and the A pillar trim to run the rear camera coax/power cable.