Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blasting - engine covers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Spray painter/ blaster here! If you can I'd blast anything aloy with glass beads as a medium, it will give it a nicer Finnish to work with. I mainly blast heavy equipment but I constantly have the lads bring in stuff n I always say if I damage it I'm not responsible ( all love jobs) and I've done heads and manifolds without issue with garnet blasting. I generally wouldn't blast anything with garnet that's petrol tank thin....hot tip you can blast rims without taking the tyres off with no damage!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Spray painter/ blaster here! If you can I'd blast anything aloy with glass beads as a medium, it will give it a nicer Finnish to work with. I mainly blast heavy equipment but I constantly have the lads bring in stuff n I always say if I damage it I'm not responsible ( all love jobs) and I've done heads and manifolds without issue with garnet blasting. I generally wouldn't blast anything with garnet that's petrol tank thin....hot tip you can blast rims without taking the tyres off with no damage!

thanks, we have the dude next door do a fair number of stockies for us for burnout comps. they come up looking really good. they are always bare when we send them over to him.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
another option, aqua blasting is also kind to alloys, doesnt remove any metal and removes any tarnish left from junk and leaves alloy slightly polished look and a proper polish after with compound and white lambswool wheel gives a high gloss chrome look.

Last covers had aqua blasted and sprayed in 2K body colour to match bay. The 2k has held out top notch after few years, as will powdercoated in high gloss or matt, both are the best way for longterm.
Like the black green ninja look on your covers.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
another option, aqua blasting is also kind to alloys, doesnt remove any metal and removes any tarnish left from junk and leaves alloy slightly polished look and a proper polish after with compound and white lambswool wheel gives a high gloss chrome look.

Last covers had aqua blasted and sprayed in 2K body colour to match bay. The 2k has held out top notch after few years, as will powdercoated in high gloss or matt, both are the best way for longterm.
Like the black green ninja look on your covers.
Yeah aqua with glass medium