Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blaupaunkt in vz!!

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
im not sure if this has been brought before, but i was driving a vz calais today and was surprised that the stereo has self adjusting volume.So the faster i went the louder the stereo got! and when i was at a stop it went almost silent.Good idea but it can get annoying if you just want the stereo crankin.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Really thats odd why would it have that?......im sure it would be able to be turned off

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
In my work car a crappy Holden Combo its got the same thing, Speed sesitivte (excuse the spelling) stereo. Its really annoying!! If anyone knows how to disable this feature it would be great!

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
sounds pretty stupid actually, wounder how lound it is at 280km/h hahaha

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Cant you disable it ? thats odd.....check in the owners manual i would suspect it would be in there.

evil_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Salem said:
sounds pretty stupid actually, wounder how lound it is at 280km/h hahaha

no no it doesnt go as loud as it can go but say if you have it at 3/4 volume it wont reach that vol till approx 60 -80kmh and it wont go any louder than you have set it, but when you slow to say 20kmh it is very soft.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Uh, dude, the VY had that as well. :) At least our Series 1 Acclaim did, anyhoo.

S

Spiral

I have it in my new vy s... I turned the function of through the mode selection after starting the engine (on the little computer thingy it has... sorry, don't recall the correct termonology just yet.) The VY has speed dependant volume control setting off 1 2 3 4 MAX and I just turned it off to see if it would help crank the volume and it worked pretty well.

The thing that was really holding back the volume in the vy though was the automatic bass/distortion detection. Once I turned that off the stereo cranked hard (if not a little distorted) but that was nothing that a few minutes adjusting the fade/bass and treble didn't fix.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Sounds pretty strange, on a vy/ vz..

What road noise??:p

Lemme put that in my VL and I'll be getting 290db when I reach 100.