Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt Factory Head Unit Wiring

tungsten_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Guys,

Im just working on a little project and something has me a little confused. On the top of the factory VY headunit's, the wiring diagram has two pins in the power block. One (in the top right corner of the plug) says Batt +. The other one (in the bottom left corner of the plug) says Batt Cont.

Can anyone tell me do both of these pins need to be hooked up to constant 12V? Just has me a little confused.

At the moment I have the one Batt + hooked up but only the front channels are working. I wondered if the other one for some reason had to be hooked up to get the rear channels working?

Anyway any help would be appreciated

Thanks

vzsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8
Look here

Try the link below for the wiring colours

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=14909

As for only the front speakers working, is your head unit originally from a Ute?
If so then only the fronts as programed to work. A Holden dealer can tell it it has rears, for money naturally.
Cheers, Steve

tungsten_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Thanks Steve

It seems to have the rears enabled as far as I can tell because the fader is in the audio settings and the pins are there for the speaker output but they just didnt work when I plugged it in.

Might require some further investigation. Have to think a bit more about it.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
G'day Steve - how ya doin'??? :thumbsup:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the BATT+ is the line from which the real current is drawn (for the onboard amps and such), and the BATT CONT is for maintaining the clock??? (so therefore only light current demands)

Interesting - next time I have one of these on the bench I'll see what the difference is - I just normally hook 'em both up when I have one of these units to power up outside the car.

Oh, and no idea why the rear channels wouldn't be working - it certainly would seem liked it's been "sedan coded", if it had the rears disabled the FADER function wouldn't be there.

Cheerz!

tungsten_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Well I have confirmed with the people I got it from that it was from a sedan so all four speakers should work.

So Phreddy does this mean both of those pins should be hooked to Battery 12V? Cause I had it running on just the one with no problems except the fact that I was missing two speakers.

Also does anyone have an old set of steering wheel controls out of a VY or VZ that they dont want any more? I only want to pull them apart and see if I can copy them into another set for the car that this is going in. Would like an old set for comparison to make sure I have it right. They dont have to be much to look at just need to work.

Will post pics of my work when this is all completed.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Lindsay

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the BATT+ is the line from which the real current is drawn (for the onboard amps and such), and the BATT CONT is for maintaining the clock??? (so therefore only light current demands)

Interesting - next time I have one of these on the bench I'll see what the difference is

Sorry to revive a nearly 5 year old thread but Phreddy, did you ever get around to finding out which is which? I've recently bought a harness for my VYII from Aerpro and according to the diagram on the Blaupunkt the harness is missing a wire for BATT CONT (also missing UART and TEL MUTE but whatever). Is missing the BATT CONT going to matter?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Michael

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
bump. Does anyone know what the difference is? I directed it to Phreddy because I figured he looks at the units more than most people, but if anyone knows the answer feel free to chime in lol