Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt finally listen!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
no i was just thinking out loud whether they will have two subs or just one...i reckon it will be one 10 incher, like in the adventra wagon...probly a slim one in the parcel shelf or in the boot...i just couldn't imagine them giving boot room for a sub...

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
So what do you do when you decide the new stereo realy isn't as good as your Pioneer or Sony or any other top style decks with heaps more features? It looks to be harder to remove than your stock double din unit from the earlier models. Looks like a lot of the other components read out on this screen as well..

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
1991_Vn2nV said:
Pioneer etc. will come up with something...

But I think the speakers will be the things being upgraded mostly.

we can all just hope that they have upgraded the speakers

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
andyman said:
we can all just hope that they have upgraded the speakers

..and not just from 15m to 25w Korean paper speakers!!

B

BoostinJet

Bluetooth connection is sick, I'm thinking of getting a head unit thats bluetooth.

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
I was talkin to a rep from Alpine at summernats this year and he said that at the moment it is neer impossable to replace the head units in the BA/BF Falcons....This looks to be the same style system where the head unit is made a part of the dash, if you were serious about putting a new one in you could but you would have to remake have the dash panel to make it work which is something i cant see alot of people doing in the near future unless they have a fair amount of spare cash.....

As for the speakers, i would say there are 2 tweeters in the rear and a single 8 inch sub in the parcel shelf like so many other upper class cars have had in the past, still nothing to cream ya jeans over but better then nothing.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
has anyone noticed on the head unit of the caprice that it has a sourround button

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
VXWAGMAN said:
So what do you do when you decide the new stereo realy isn't as good as your Pioneer or Sony or any other top style decks with heaps more features? It looks to be harder to remove than your stock double din unit from the earlier models. Looks like a lot of the other components read out on this screen as well..

IMO you wouldn't change the factory deck. It's too well integrated with everything else. If anything, I'd just get Phreddy to work his magic again with the RCA pre-out mod (if needed) and then just upgrade speakers and amps.