Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt finally listen!

rowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Just reading up on some info of the new VE (personally I think holden have done a great job) and it seems that the stereo manufacturer, Blaupunkt, have finally listened to the general public and included an AUX input on the VE.

The pic below is from the SS-V so i'm not sure if this inclusion will be across the board or just on the premium models.

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/videos/HiRezPics/VE_SS_V_019.jpg

Note the Aux button on the bottom right of the stereo and what looks to be a 3.5mm input just below the stereo dials. Now i wonder if they have "really" listened to the public and included some accessible pre-outs on the back of the deck as well?

Good work holden, when this thing is available in the dealers, i guarantee you will get at least 1 sale :yeah:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Woo hoo! About bloody time!

Hmmm, yeah I hope you're right about the RCA pre-outs too. If so, they'll put Phreddy out of a job! ;)

I'm not sure about the blue bits on the display of the stereo on the SS. It would look great if the rest of the instrument cluster was blue too, but it's red. Oh well, maybe there will be work for Phreddy after all!

All in all, the VE is a horny looking car. My VY SS is due for an upgrade in 2.5 years, so by that time I should be able to get a VE series II SS! :dance:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
rowen said:
Blaupunkt, have finally listened to the general public and included an AUX input on the VE.http://

dosnt holden tell blaupunkt what they want then blaupunkt designs and builds them?

waterbottleVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
phone support

looks like a little phone on the steering wheel, suggests in built handsfree. perhaps blue tooth like the mitsubishi 380?

waterbottle

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
waterbottleVY said:
looks like a little phone on the steering wheel, suggests in built handsfree. perhaps blue tooth like the mitsubishi 380?

i didnt even notice bluetooth controls, thought it was audio controls. thats very convenient. well done holden:thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
davey g-force said:
Hmmm, yeah I hope you're right about the RCA pre-outs too. If so, they'll put Phreddy out of a job! ;)

as good as it would be i dont think they would. im guessing that the sound quality from these new audio systems would be really good. for the caprice they've got a bose system:dance:

L

LeBoofer

Im very keen to see how that bose system handles (as well as the car for that matter)!

Will be a massive improvement over the VZ sound system!

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
You would think that they would almost have to incorperate some kind of preouts on the back of the deck, because it looks as though the head unit it self cant be changed like in the Falcons, Would be a massive problem for those of us who like Bass!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
andyman said:
as good as it would be i dont think they would. im guessing that the sound quality from these new audio systems would be really good. for the caprice they've got a bose system:dance:

Hmmm, I hope you're wrong. I think a lot of people would be pissed off, since the lack of pre-outs (and the whole sound system in general) was one of the major gripes with the VY/VZ.

BTW, have a look where the door locks are - very neat!

BBTW, it doesn't look like they've done too much design with the seats. They look exactly the same as the seats in my VY SS - apart from the orange colour.