Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt NY800 Head Unit - No Bluetooth/phone Audio

some_evil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva Series II
Hi All,

I have a NY800 headunit by Blaupunkt, just recently the head unit stopped playing the audio from my connected phone.

The phone connects via bluetooth fine, I can make a call and receive calls and they display on the HU no worries, but there is no audio coming through speakers when dialing, and the caller cannot hear me talk. There is a sound coming from speakers, but it's a very quiet white noise, similar to what you get when you are placed on hold and there is no background music, you can tell you are still connected.

I have deleted my phone from the HU then tried pairing again, no luck. Just wondering if anyone knows what could be doing this?

It is installed in a 2013 Holden Captiva, and has worked up until recently.

I will mention last week I pulled the HU out to ground the handbrake wire so that vids will play regardless of handbrake position, there is a possibility that I bumped a cable when putting the HU back in, but i have no idea where to start looking. All other functions still work fine from the headunit.

Any ideas?

NY800.jpg

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
check your earths on all of it, have you grounded the wrong side of the park brake

some_evil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva Series II
So i removed the head unit, undone the work that I had done to bypass the handbrake signal, put everything back the way it was, and it is still not producing any sound for phone calls only... I am perplexed!