Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt VY/VZ Removal Tool

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yeah, if you can feel them latch....your not leaning them out hard enough...You almsot need to be brutal with it.

C

commexec

i was "brutal" with it but no joy. The wire (coathanger) just bent out and then slid straight out. It wasn\t hooking on to anything. I had it bent nearly 90 degrees outwards. Gues I am going to have to bite the bullet and get someone to remove it for me. :(

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
Didn't anyone tell you the Blaupunkt system was designed by Asians?

They thought the 'Chinese Finger Trap' idea would go down well when it came to putting aftermarket head units in.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
You do need to use the THICK coathangers. Why do you need to get it out? If you only want to get to the wiring loom...then DON'T remove it. The loom is easily accessed by removing the glovebox and then undoing the two swcrews on the side of the transmission tunnel....it's the thick loom wrapped in black tape with a 6pin whit plug taped to it (the mobile phone connector)

I can send you a pair but WOW there $45 a throw mate......

If your really stuck, get someone to do it for you.

C

commexec

Why??? Becasue I have a Pioneer DEH-8450MP H/U that I bought in 2003, from my old car just sitting here collecting dust and I want that in there. Besides, when I bought the H/U it only cost me half the price (got it in Dubai) and I will be getting an amp and a couple of subs to go with it. Going for a stealth install in the boot, so I can still use the boot for everyday things.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Commexec.

The King's right - you have to be pretty forceful - especially the first time it's removed anyway.

Use the thick coat hanger wire, and preferably the annealed finish stuff (silver-grey coloured plain wire), not the painted ones. (the steel in the annealed ones seems more rigid - doesn't bend as easy when you're leaning out on the wires)

And did you bend the little "kink" in the end as I did?? I guarantee you, I was in the same boat as you when I first tried removing the H/U - the wires just kept pulling out. Once I bent the kink in the end of them, they work perfectly! As has been said before, literally a matter of seconds.

Don't lose heart! You'll get there!! ;)

Cheerz.

C

commexec

Yeah I tried to the kink in it, but it just straightened out or did nothing. I have to wait now until I get to work so I can get some decent steel rods that I will make into two "handles"

N

nickg

i have a vy one tonner and am looking to go mp3 the easiest way. what is your opinion of fm mod stackers for sound quality etc. i was thinking of putting it in the space cab somewhere and getting the power from the 12v in the centre console and removing the panel as you described to get to the aerial as i to am having little sucess with removing the unit with the coat hanger technique.

RichardW

Reaction score
Removing the Headunit

As previous people have said you need to be forceful. I have removed mine twice now and both times had really big problems getting it out. Both times I have been removing it with a professional car stereo installer. The installer has removed heaps of them and said that mine is the hardest one yet to remove. Some seem easier than other to remove, the first time it took us over 30 minutes and the second time it took around 20 minutes.

You just have to keep at it, all you are doing really is pushing in 4 pins to release the unit, best thing to do is use bent coat hangers as all the other people have said, but use 2 people, put the 4 hangers in wait until they all click then all at the same time pull the hangers to the side of the unit (left for the ones on the left, right for the ones on the right) and jiggle them about.

Both times I did it this way and we thought we were getting no where and just when we were about to give up the unit popped out. Having 2 people seems to help alot.

Hope this helps.