Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt VY/VZ Removal Tool

N

nightflyer00

Blaupunkt VZ Info?

Hi,

does anyone have any info on the unit they put in the VZ? I want to add a couple of amps and better speakers but I can't find any info on the orginal unit. Maybe someone has a link or even just a model number would be a start. I'm kinda hoping that there may be some RCA outs on the back but i'm not holding my breath on that one. Thanks.

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Y2kGoofball said:
Does anyone know where I can buy one (or 2 ) of these Blaupunkt "U" Hook removal tools for the VY/VZ stereo's?

The reason is because Ive brought a 6 stacker to replace the single disc, but I would like to be able to switch the stereos at my convenience (well more like when the car needs to go back to Holden to have a faulty antenna replaced under warranty)

I know the first thing that'll be said is that Holden wont grant the replacement because we've put an "aftermarket" unit in that wasnt purchased though or installed by Holden

At least if I'm able to pull the 6 stacker out and put the single stack in when the car needs to go in I'll be worry free.

Any help or ideas ;)

How'd you go Goofball? Did you manage to get the single disc out and the 6 stacker in? I have been wanting to do this in mine for a while... Couple of Q's?

- Any troubles with putting the 6 stacker in? Does eveything worth correctly - including the steering wheel controls?

- Where did you source your 6 stacker from?

PM me if you need to... Thanks.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
ok here we go :drink:

* After many hours not being able to remove the single disc, I give up and go to a local radio installation place and they pop it out for me in the car park

* put the 6 disc in. Rejects the PIN number. Ask the original owner, he checks, correct PIN supplied.

* Try to ring various holden dealerships to confirm that this is the correct PIN, they all knock me back as they need to see the car

* I then visit 3 different dealerships on 3 different sides of Sydneys CBD with proof of ownership (a written letter from the original owner that includes the radios part number, serial number, his VIN number and phone number) they still knock me back because they cant understand what someone would be doing with a "6 stacker just lying about", because "they need to see the original owners car to prove he took the radio out to install a sat nav / dvd system" and because they "cant check the PIN of a radio thats not fitted into a car due to theft issues".

* I then get told the BCM needs to be updated with the new PIN as the car is rejecting the PIN, no the radio. I wait a few weeks till its time for the first 3000 K service. So I ask Holden to program it while its there (this is another dealership I might add)

They spend an hour trying to do it, the BCM got updated ok for no reason, but it didnt fix the problem. :whistling They were nice enough not to charge me for the time or the download (put it under warranty some how) but since Tuesday its been sitting on the passenger floor while I think what to do with it because its an expensive paper weight at the moment.

Holden told me that apparently theres a compatibility issue with VY to VZ radios and although they look the same their designed not to be compatible with the other model, but they gave it a shot anyway in the odd chance it would work. I wish I'd been told this before I brought the darn thing!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well that was then and this was now!

Theres hope

On my way home I stopped into a dealership I havent yet annoyed with the whole radio situation. I know the guys well because I buy heaps of parts from them.

I spoke to the parts manager who decided after a quick quiz and chat that it has been brought from a legit sale, and they checked the PIN for me.

The VIN number I had is correct, comes up registered to the bloke I brought the radio from, comes up as the car he described in his letter of ownership, but comes up with a different radios PIN and serial number! :whistling

So tomorrow their going to have to send away to Blaupunkt my serial number to get the PIN for my radio.

But how this can happen beats me? The guy swears black and blue thats the PIN that came with his car, yet Holdens system says otherwise.

The theorys been thrown in the air that alot of VY Calais / Berlina / SS with 6 disc had a software fault and many radios were replaced under warranty, but the bloke reckons he knows nothing about his radio ever being changed (even then Holden would have updated their system to show the new serial and pin numbers)

So I'll wait to see what PIN Blaupunkt can find for my radio. In a way I hope its another number because the 2 PINs ive got dont work, but in a way I hope its not because it means something dodgeys going on (but I really would like the right number though) :yeah:

I'll keep you guys updated :wave:

E

eshe

Use Thicker Wire

Use a thick coat hanger wire
I made one as described above and presto it took me about 7 seconds to pull it out
Thanks guys

mmmdonuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 05
Removing the head unit

Easy as 123... After several failed attempts i tried using thicker coat hanger wire and my unit came out easily. Try inserting the wire until you feel/sound like a latch or pin being moved out the way. Start with one end and then bend other into position. Once all four are inserted and she all looks square bend wire to doors whilst pulling towards you. I didn't need to be forcfull. If it dosn't slide out then the wire isn't inserted correctly. Hope this helps some 1.

:wave:

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Mine was a total nightmare to get out - took me 45 minutes and a lot of swearing and carrying on like a big baby :p Eventually used 2 coat hangers PLUS wedged a couple of small screwdrivers (one on each side) to get enough bite to slide the thing out. I know I'm not exactly the king of car audio installs but I'd pay to see someone get my old head unit out in 5 seconds. You need a lot of pressure to get it out because of how it's connected to the sockets in the back - if they were on a floating harness it'd be a lot easier. Lucky I didn't scratch anything in the process.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have a Pontiac GTO to do in the next couple of weeks.....I will make a quick movie for you and trust me...it will be quick :p

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Where'd you get your magical quickremove coathanger from? Did it grow in the secret garden with the 5 leaf clovers? ;-)

I may have only taken a minute to do it if I had of wedged screwdrivers down the sides to start with instead of trying for ages with my not so magical coathangers.

I still think it's a stupid idea, and if they are normally that easy to remove then not exactly a secure system - 10 seconds to remove a head unit with no damage to donor car, ring your cousin's mate's brother who works at Holden to get the security code and you just acquired a free head unit for less than half the hassle you'd normally have to go through.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
well, the unit can only be used in the same model commodore. So, if you have a need for one....you probably already have on.