Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt VY/VZ Removal Tool

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Y2kGoofball said:
well that was then and this was now!

Theres hope

On my way home I stopped into a dealership I havent yet annoyed with the whole radio situation. I know the guys well because I buy heaps of parts from them.

I spoke to the parts manager who decided after a quick quiz and chat that it has been brought from a legit sale, and they checked the PIN for me.

The VIN number I had is correct, comes up registered to the bloke I brought the radio from, comes up as the car he described in his letter of ownership, but comes up with a different radios PIN and serial number! :whistling

So tomorrow their going to have to send away to Blaupunkt my serial number to get the PIN for my radio.

But how this can happen beats me? The guy swears black and blue thats the PIN that came with his car, yet Holdens system says otherwise.

The theorys been thrown in the air that alot of VY Calais / Berlina / SS with 6 disc had a software fault and many radios were replaced under warranty, but the bloke reckons he knows nothing about his radio ever being changed (even then Holden would have updated their system to show the new serial and pin numbers)

So I'll wait to see what PIN Blaupunkt can find for my radio. In a way I hope its another number because the 2 PINs ive got dont work, but in a way I hope its not because it means something dodgeys going on (but I really would like the right number though) :yeah:

I'll keep you guys updated :wave:

I'm very curious at how it turned out, what's the goss goofball??

kmbattle

Reaction score
Sorry to drag this up.
I feel like im gettin the clips and im leavering out, but this thing just wont budge.
How far in are the clips? How much force is required? I can get the whole unit to wriggle about in the dash but it just wont come out. )-:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i just had a go at mine i couldnt get it with a normal metal coat hanger but it came straight out wit a plastic coated metal one

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Guys.

I posted about this a little while ago, and now I introduce my new and improved version!! ;)

I used thicker wire than the normal coat hangers. This stuff is almost 3mm thick.

After bending and trimming, I filed a little notch into each of the "prongs". I included a couple of pics of the head unit IN the cradle (but removed from the dash) which shows a little clearer what we're dealing with. The spring clips which lock the unit into the cradle have a little "tang" pressed into them, and the notches in the prongs engage firmly on this tang, which means when you pull back it pulls the unit out, and not just the wires! You don't even have to lever outwards before you pull back, the fact that the wire is thicker pushes the springs far enough in to disengage them from the slots in the cradle. (just have a look at the pics - they tell the story better than I can)

Cheerz! :thumbsup:

Cheerz!

Attachments

• DSCF0193s.jpg
    DSCF0193s.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 3,181
  • DSCF0200s.jpg
    DSCF0200s.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,354
  • DSCF0203s.jpg
    DSCF0203s.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3,098
  • DSCF0207s.jpg
    DSCF0207s.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 5,796
S

scotty23

Thick coathanger wire did the trick :) normal coathanger got me no where..

Can someone give me some pointers on how to remove the cage in which the headunit goes into. Do i need to pull the dash apart ??

Have undone the screws but still appears clipped in and doesnt look like it would come out that slot where the headunit was ?

cheers..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
remove the centre console and you will find two screws at the bottom. Remove the top of the console where some have gauge pods and then remove the trim around the HVAC and you will find some more screws. You may need to bend the cage a little as you remove it. But thats ok...it straightens out jsut fine :)

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
12Voltking said:
remove the centre console and you will find two screws at the bottom. Remove the top of the console where some have gauge pods and then remove the trim around the HVAC and you will find some more screws. You may need to bend the cage a little as you remove it. But thats ok...it straightens out jsut fine :)

Sorry not to sure on what hvac means (sorry if i seem dumb)

Plus also just went a tried mine pushed two clips in hard and then 2 sec later the radio popped out maybe beginners luck :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning, maybe? Must be a yank abbreviation :p

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
;)
StoneX said:
Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning, maybe? Must be a yank abbreviation :p

Cool they are a bit different over there :whistling :whistling :whistling ;) ;)