Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bleed v6 supercharger cooling system

adamandtanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
today i replaced the water pump on my vy supercharged v6 but now i can seem to get all the air out of the system i found the bleeder on the rear of the engine but no water seems to come out even when the cars at 108c does any one know the correct way to bleed them as i cant find any post a v6 supercharged thanks

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
There's 3 bleed points on the L67. Bleed them in order fro the water pipe on the drivers side near the alternator, then the thermostat under the charger u bend then the one in front of the valley under the supercharger snout.

It's always a pain to get all the air out but keep going round in sequence bleeding them closing each nipple and it will get the air out

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
There's 3 bleed points on the L67. Bleed them in order fro the water pipe on the drivers side near the alternator, then the thermostat under the charger u bend then the one in front of the valley under the supercharger snout.

It's always a pain to get all the air out but keep going round in sequence bleeding them closing each nipple and it will get the air out

Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the bleeding sequence;

1: Bleeder under the charger snout,
2:Thermostat
3: Bleeder at the top radiator hose.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the bleeding sequence;

1: Bleeder under the charger snout,
2:Thermostat
3: Bleeder at the top radiator hose.

I'm just going on what a mechanic mate told me but I'll try that way tomorrow after I do my LIM gaskets. I always though to follow the coolant flow makes sense? Got to take into account the fact that the thermostat is closed initially too