Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bleeding brakes on wb ute

Holden050

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wb
I’m bleeding the brakes on the Ute using a vac pump but not getting any fluid coming out
Anybody got a idea

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Have you bled the master cylinder first?

To do that, you need to block all but one outlet....Pump until you have straight fluid coming out that port.....Then move to the next, repeating until they are all pumping straight fluid...Then move onto the brakes, starting from the left rear, then right rear, then left front and finally right front

Holden050

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wb
Just seeing if I could get some
Pedal pressure
Ive siphoned out almost all of the old fluid
Fill with new, went to the pass side rear drum hooked up my vac bleeder and cracked the bleed screw nothing came out

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Pedal pressure
Fill with new, went to the pass side rear drum hooked up my vac bleeder and cracked the bleed screw nothing came out

Crack the line at the diff junction and see if any comes out there to start with...If it does, the blockage will be inbetween the junction and wheel cylinder

No luck there...Crack the line to the rear brakes at the master cylinder and see if fluid comes from there....If it does, the blockage will be iinbetween the master and the junction block.

Oh and are you trying this with the old master cylinder, which is suspect? If so, forget the above advice.....Chuck the old master cylinder over your shoulder and replace it with either a new one or recoed one

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Pedal pressure
Pedal pressure = foot action = pedal pressure
throw vac bs away and open bleeders, clear plastic hoses in half filled containers/jars and pump pedal slowly with foot.
As @vc commodore mentioned, fix your other post about master cyclinder repair first obviously before any bleeding. Bench bleed master before reinstall.