Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bleeding L67 coolant system

Tha Tyrant

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series 2 Calais
IMG_20200731_160449.jpg

Tha Tyrant

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series 2 Calais
Can U show me how urz was set up plz as I can't fit a screwdriver in between the solenoid n intake elbow

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Loosen the two 10mm bolts and tilt the bypass valve actuator forward a bit.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Easiest way is to vacuum fill if you have a compressor. It’s how it’s done on assembly and it takes minutes.

Otherwise check my thread on bleeding the VZ and VE V6 in the How To forum. It’s the same procedure I’ve used since the mid 90’s and it’s always performed better than air bleed screws etc. Was taught to me by a Holden technician.

Same method is now seen on all sorts of cars and you can buy proper bleed buckets.

Hope it helps. It will get most of the fine bubbles out.

I say all this assuming the water to air intercooler is connected to the rest of the system.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...c-cooling-system-repairs.279976/#post-3063798

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I say all this assuming the water to air intercooler is connected to the rest of the system.
If it was a water to air plate, it would have a separate res for the intercooler fluid.

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vx commofore
this is wat i do n works every time but it takes a day or two put front of car up on standsstart car turn heater on hot on high only bleed point i use is under super charger snout fully open as filling with coolant once it leaks close it up drive about for a day next day repeat the same thing come out next morning remove rad cap it should still b full n not need topping up this has worked for me every single time with mine

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The bleed screws are meant to be used with a bleed bucket. You fill the bleed bucket open the screws turn engine on drive check fans and level job done.

I use vac bleeders at work much easier.

Last edited: