Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bleeding vs v6 clutch

Matts-97vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs ute
hi
yesterday i attempted to bleed my clutch with my mate, went to spuercheap auto and bought a 'one-man' brake and clutch hose.
fitted it to the little nozzle near gearbox as said my ellery's book, pumped the clutch hundreds of times yet no fluid.
We tried to un-block the potentially blocked nozzle yet still nothing.

help?
thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd try removing the bleeder screw completely and clean it, then use a needle/pin/wire to unblock the hole the bleeder screws into. Don't use mineral oil on the bleeder screw....just a toothbrush and water. You could also try pumping the pedal with the bleeder removed.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
and if neither of those work?

Replace the slave cylinder....but first try to get the fluid flowing using the methods I suggested. (unless the old cylinder is leaking or otherwise damaged). I'm not sure what a new one costs, but cleaning the old one costs zero.

Matts-97vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs ute
ill try my best
thanks mate

one more thing, i open the resevior cap and in the fluid is a black disk floating about 2cm diameter..
wtf?

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Im with Hako. Try removing and cleaning the bleeder nipple first or even gently pumping the clutch pedal with the nipple removed. If still nothing, then one of the seals in the slave cylinder is most likely stuffed. You can either put a new seal kit through the slave or replace it. I've not bought a getrag one before, but as a comparison I just put in a new slave cylinder into a vl and new from holden was about $65.
As for the black disk, my guess is its the one thats supposed to be attached to the reservior cap on the underside.