Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blending into existing paint?

L

lmacpherson

haha fancy colour machines. was jus wonderin coz ppl tel me it can't be done have to do hole respray havn't asked any1 that would realy knows but

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
LOL, nah mate its all good, hell i use metalux, one of the worst systems in the world for colour references, we have no tech support and 99% of colours that come of the machine are waaaaaaay different to the car. it takes a little bit of patience and you just gotta know what your doing (practice makes perfect) and you can get them nearly edge to edge quality :)

Whoever is telling you that, you need to laugh at them for me :p

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
a spectrometer is what that machine is called, it helps when theres no code on the car or truck thats been resprayed by someone in whatever color.
it dosent calculate a formula as such but it does find the closest match in from the thousands and thousands of formulas in that paint system.

tiger mica- piece of piss to blend, not as hard as some other colors ive come across though (territory gold)

MZG36S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen3 6spd
just laughed at my bf n he said if uz can match it properly he'll giv u a free trip to syd
but im a picky woman n i can tel the differance between white n white if its a **** job

MZG36S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen3 6spd
laughed at my bf n he said if u can match it properly he'l giv u a free trip to syd, right near the beach

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
were talking about blending not matching metallics and pearls to spray edge to edge...

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
just laughed at my bf n he said if uz can match it properly he'll giv u a free trip to syd
but im a picky woman n i can tel the differance between white n white if its a **** job

It doesn't take a picky person to tell if its a **** blend, besides, it white!!!!11!!! if you cant edge to edge a white without it looking crap on the face then you shouldnt be in the trade. And the blend a white, hell, if you blend white then you are 170% safe it will look fine. (that is of course is if the colour is in the ball park)

What im getting at is, to drop your car into a panel shop and have a white car re done, should not be a problem in any way shape or form. If they have problems, you went to a **** panel shop.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
lol, yeah, blend white then you turn 2 panels a bit yellow because of the clear, its inevitable unless the car is c.o.b.

then if some other ####wit has already painted it and ####ed around with it and you dont know exactly what tinters went in and if they used a different system with slightly different tinters youre pretty much ####ed.

boss on your arse to get it done leads to close enough is good enough...
if the insurance companies actually paid us what we need to bring the car back to perfect we wouldnt look like pricks in some cases and if some ####wit car owners didnt want their p.o.s car to look like it just came out of the factory would be nice too.

one #### asked me if i had rotated his tyres wtf? no ######## i just painted your front bar im not going to give your piece of **** camry a service for nothing do we look like st. vinnies or something ####? theres your car now #### off...

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
same cockhead asked me if i had touched up his rear bar so it wouldnt rust...

car was a camry with plastic bars...

fallen1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden VS Statesman
Well i went to Western General Motors to have my car repaired after it was smashed. This place had Skylines, VE GTS's and Supras out the front. so im thinking awesome these guys look liek they know what they are doing if they are this busy with such nice cars.

They said 1 week max.

3 weeks later i go look at my car. noticably different whites. bonnet was buckled (The apprentice there dropped it). i made them re-do it.

1 week later i go there again bonnet has massive burn marks from the polisher. still **** matching job. told them to re-do it again

2 weeks later. get my car back still isnt right. i just accept it and take it to my mates panel shop and helped him do it all and now its perfect.