Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blind Side Alert Lamp not working on passenger mirror

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
The Blind Side Alert warning symbol on my passenger door mirror isn't working as it used to.

As far as I can tell the sensors are working OK as they are also used are used to detect nearby objects when parking and I get warnings from nearby objects on the DIC and audible alerts when parking the car. However the orange lamp in my passengers mirror doesn't light at all when there is a vehicle in my blind spot.

It either doesn't light at all, or lights very dimly or flickers during the normal test when you start the car. This makes me think it is the lamp or a connection to the lamp or perhaps the transistor or whatever is used to switch the lamp.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with either mirror? Is is just the lamp or a connection to the lamp or a problem with something else?

Any ideas?

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Mine has done exactly the same. It still has warranty so will take it in to be looked at.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Looks like the problem for me was the LED lamp which I think is part of the mirror. Waiting for the replacement part to arrive.

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Mine was the led gone aswell. Has been replaced under warranty.