Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 block releiving for 355 crank??

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
delcowizzid: you can remove the crank from a VT SS with the engine in the car, did it recently , remove the gearbox, and drop the subframe, did it on a hoist at work, I'm a mechanic. SO lad you can laugh at your own lack of knowledge now :thumbsup:

Reaper: Thanks mate been very helpful. I think I'll call some engine rebuilders, the lad my workshop uses didn't know.

You can't just replace the stock crank with a 355 one.....You need to change pistons atleast to suit the longer stroke. You can stay with the stock Holden rods but, you will need to buy pistons from ACL to suit. The other option is to use chev 5.7" rods and then you have a much wider selection of pistons, Speed Pro, KB etc. So, basically its engine out, heads off, bore & hone block, clearance the crankcase and replace the entire rotating assembly. Not a cheap & easy exercise thats for sure.....

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
after the motor been out for the third time it gets easy to remove.....
do it right the first time... and trust me, its worth spending the money on a decent crank... not a $550 special:p

i had a fully hektic bro 2 piece crank after spinnin it up a bit fast, broke on the first counter weight

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
after the motor been out for the third time it gets easy to remove.....
do it right the first time... and trust me, its worth spending the money on a decent crank... not a $550 special:p

i had a fully hektic bro 2 piece crank after spinnin it up a bit fast, broke on the first counter weight

Thats not good. Did the manufacturer name start with "P" and advertise a lot on ebay?

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

sus_calais

SIR 355
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
yeah i had the same deal. rpm crank.welded on counter weights..couple revs and they fly off causing mega damage. I went with a c.o.m.e crank this time. the only other one i would really go for is a harrop (bout $1500) or obviously a billet but they are huge in price!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
COME, Harrop, Scat are all fine. Crankshafts are one area where I wouldn't skimp to save a buck.

Reaper

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
i broke and eagle 355 crank too they must be sh*t i went to a harrop crank and never looked back i guess you get what you pay for