Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blocked injectors

shan thorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX eries 2 S
Please forgive my mechanical knowledge or lack there of. I am becoming continually frustrated at getting a blocked injector in my VX. I have had the mechanic there 3 times and they have done the following:

first visit. Replaced the fuel pump and cleaned all the fuel lines.($800+)

second visit. stuffed around for 6 hrs then replaced the injector leads and plugs. (600+)

third visit. stuffed around overnight and stated they sent the new injector away to be cleaned.

They do not know why it keeps getting blocked.

Any suggestions?????

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
has the fuel filter been changed? best bet is to pull apart the injector and find what is blocked in it and go from there.

shan thorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX eries 2 S
not sure but the mechanic said it was all ok. He seems to think that the new fuel pump might be bringing gunk from the bottom of the tank and that it may need a clean???

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
not sure but the mechanic said it was all ok. He seems to think that the new fuel pump might be bringing gunk from the bottom of the tank and that it may need a clean???

yer was just thinking that. If thers still gunk geitng in there then get the tank cleaned. If you have problems like this replace the small simple things your self like the fuel filter. some mechanics will try to stooge you by going the most expensive option first, like cleaning the lines.

shan thorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX eries 2 S
Thats what I was thinking. Not realy sure if the injector or fuel pump needed replacing as I said I am about as mechanical as a wooden spoon.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
The inline fuel filter will filter out any foreign matter from the tank before it reaches the injectors!..or it's supposed to. I think I would be getting an urgent second opinion since it seems so much money has been thrown away so far, for nill results.
Those inline fuel filters will eventually stop the flow of petrol when they are sufficently full of crap, not allow the debris to bypass like an engine oil filter will.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
are you using cheap petrol?, and definately replace your fuel filter if not done already