Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blocking automatic Windows 10 update

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
yip all kids here in NZ are getting email addressess - not a biggie.. make them an email address, dont tell the kids what it is .... having an email address is not as bad as having a facebook account at the same age.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Upgraded to windows 10 last night , first thing I did was install start10 lol

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Damn they don't give up, just received the bloody update notification again (this time marked important).... they should just have an opt out switch...oh wait they do its called linux

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Damn they don't give up, just received the bloody update notification again (this time marked important).... they should just have an opt out switch...oh wait they do its called linux

Oh wait, they do, it's called change your automatic update settings/services. lol

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Oh wait, they do, it's called change your automatic update settings/services. lol

updates have been set to manual since day one :p ...Its just Ive hidden,stomped and deleted the bloody thing a dozen times and still they continue to try and force it on you..Thats what is pissing me off...
There is a hidden agenda...just nfi what it is...Meh Ive stopped game developing and gaming in general on the pc...Ive already switched over to linux on most of the systems here think its time :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
The agenda is wanting most people to be using the best Windows OS ever. And with MOST people on it, they can end of life support, development of previous versions and pump their efforts into the new, single stream. Well not single, but much more focused.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Maybe so but if user decided they don't want it what right does MS have to keep trying to force it down your throat? If someone kept calling my phone after been told no or kept knocking on my door they would be breaking the law here in NZ same goes with unwanted electronic advertising which is commonly known as spam.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Turn off everything but the Status Bar and Narrow Toolbar under the Options menu.

Once you have done that go into preferences and disable everything else there, no need to panic and roll your version back.

Disable Sponsored Torrents And Ads In uTorrent | Lifehacker Australia

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at it later.
I prob wouldn't roll back.( 'Rollbacks' have never been a good idea;) )
I'm more likely to look at Deluge or something else, but I will check the link thanks.
EDIT: Looks like a Go-er. Thanks mate !

Win10 doesn't like my Printer being a scanner either. Yes there is a Win10 driver but it 'drops out', (the scanner option disappears), and then I've got to play a game of unplugging and replugging sh!t in the right order. Annoying everyone Mircosoft !