Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blocking coolant outletson engine

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Deleted Heater Pipes

If you are doing away with the heater hoses why not get rid of them UGLY pipes altogether.

034small.jpg

It can be done in place easily enough with the powersteering pump and alternator out of the way. The pipes have tabs on them held in place by the p/s pump mounting, the pipes can be stubborn to get moving when the o-rings on them have been there in the alloy housing for decades but with patience working/wriggling/twisting they come out, clean up the recesses and install good old fashioned brass frost plugs. 7/8" in the housing and 3/4" in the front of the intake manifold.
035small.jpg

i put this one up cos you cant really see them when back up and running.

It also means doing away with that ugly tank on the guard. the ugly bolt in hose was a quick fix means of bleeding the system, i have a 5L 3core rad and jack the left front as high as i can (usually pick up the left rear :D) to make the cap the highest point in the system and pump/squeeze the top and bot rad hoses with the motor running, gets the air out no worries.

Cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
same side of the ditch m8;) i aint going on the road tho':driving:

by turning your manifold you have an outlet for the heater by the firewall now....mint......it leaves you with the bottom end of the bypass hose open so you can you sneak the return hose to that discreetly along the manifold side of the rocker cover so you have a functioning heater and use the frostplugs.