Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bloody cruise control

reaper01

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
I have fitted cruise control to my vr (stalk, module, brake switch) and it does not turn on...cant hear any relays clickin, no lights on the dash, checked for 12v at the stalk which its getting. Im stuck, can anyone help???:bang:

W_Fraser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Auto Executive Wagon Series 1
You need to check if you have the "MID" type body control module, which controls the cruise control unit. If you don't (ie: you've only got the "LOW" version) then the cruise won't turn on. Problem with this is that you can buy a "MID" BCM from a wreckers but you also need the original key heads from the same car to allow the immobiliser to work, otherwise you have to go and buy a new keyhead and get it programmed to your new BCM. When I put cruise on my VR, I just bridged the 2 wires that feed power to the cruise control actuator. Cruise then is always on as soon as you turn the ignition on...Probably illegal but it works...!!! :yeah:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have made a circuit(2 small relay enclosures and some wiring that allows you to put cruise control on to a low series bcm and you dont have to change your keyheads etc.
There are 4 wire connections tp make to it and the stalk will work like it should....pm me if you are interested.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres some pictures of the circuitry Basically its a toggle circuit using a 555 timer .It works when you press the cruise stalk on/off switch once and it will put 12v on the grey/green wire that feeds the stepper motor(and indication lamp) ...you press it again and it takes the 12v off .(From the post above made by W_Fraser he has permanently put this 12v on this wire)The mid or high bcm would normally have this function but vr exect low bcms dont have this feature or power windows circuitry

Attachments

• wiring cruise mod.JPG
    wiring cruise mod.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 992
  • wiring cruise.JPG
    wiring cruise.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 616
  • pc board major component layout.JPG
    pc board major component layout.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 379
  • 555-T[1].JPG
    555-T[1].JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 385
  • dots for pc board mod.JPG
    dots for pc board mod.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:

ian12300

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I have made a circuit(2 small relay enclosures and some wiring that allows you to put cruise control on to a low series bcm and you dont have to change your keyheads etc.
There are 4 wire connections tp make to it and the stalk will work like it should....pm me if you are interested

hi i am interested in this plzzs

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
its all in the pic in his post #4