Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody iac valve

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll guys whats wrong lolllllllllllllllllllllll

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
@ Rocket 00000 think what people are trying to say is they don't understand what you are trying to say.. say things slower with proper English and we might understand what you are on about

Cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I hope Ive got this right,its bloody hard to understand what you are trying to say,so here we go.The IAC valve,why disconnect it,of course the engine will change revs(rev higher or lower) if its not connected.It cant control the idle speeds without the IAC valve connected. But if you mean that the IAC valve cant control the idle speeds when it is connected,then theres either something wrong with the IAC valve itself,or something wrong with the with the IAC electrical wiring or connectors.If the IAC valve and its wiring and connectors are all ok,then it could also be a faulty ECU,but thats very rare and highly unlikely,so Id say its more than likely to be a vacuum leak somewhere.It could be around the engine inlet manifold gaskets,it could be a leak in the vacuum lines somewhere,or even behind the dash area as the heater controls are all controlled by vacuum from the engine..Id also check the brakes as the brake booster uses vacuum too.You can test the booster by turning the engine off and pumping the brake pedal a few times.It should go hard,it should take 3 or 4 pumps of the brake pedal with the engine off to deplete the stored vacuum in the booster.Then whilst holding the brake pedal in,start the engine,if the pedal sinks in further as the engine starts,then the booster is considered to be working ok..As for finding a leaking vacuum hose,you just have to check every part of the vacuum lines around the engine bay for splits and cracks etc.Theres also a vacuum reserve tank under the left front guard behind the bumper.It looks like a black plastic ball thing,it should have a vacuum line connected to it,so check it out too.
With the engine light.Id check the bulb first if its not coming on when the key is turned on.Its probably blown.You really need it working so you can do an error code check,the codes will probably lead you to whats causing the trouble with the idling.It takes about 5 minutes to remove these dash clusters to change the bulbs in the warning lights,so thats what Id be doing first.

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
thanks mate for all this explanation but could u plz tell me excactly the location of the reserve tank coz i could not find it.

thanks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
tha vac ball is under the air box - look under the front gaurd

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
thanks for reply mate but i just looked under the airbox i cant find any plastic ball i only can see a black plug with a yellow head thats it.
any advixe or pic plz?

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
mate i ve searched every inch under bonnet but coudnt find anything.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
mate i ve searched every inch under bonnet but coudnt find anything.

The vacuum tank is behind the dash near the heater unit. It is no longer a ball but more rectangular in shape.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
accentstencil has got it right, again. The info below is a direct copy/paste from the gmh manual. I did not do a photo as it's a line drawing.
VACUUM TANK
The vacuum tank is located on the left side of the HVAC unit and is secured with two self tapping screws.This tank is used to maintain a vacuum to the vacuum actuators (which operate the different vent positions) during driving situations where the vacuum source is low such as full engine throttle. A one way valve is located in the vacuum source line from the inlet manifold.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Type properly and use a normal sentence structure and you'll get heaps more replies. I gave up trying to understand your post as did lots of people it would seem.