Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Kids (teenagers)

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
:cry: Ok well here it goes i need some computing help. When i came home from work today i found my girlfriends brother on the puter, guess what he was looking at??(thats right... PRON) anyway i told him to close it and leave it alone (the pron that is, not other things, but thats another story). So he did, but he said when he went to close it it came up with a msg saying "would you like to make such 'n' such (webpage, wont repeat it) as your home page he clicked no, but then it kept coming up asking and everytime he said no it kept coming up.:cry: Anyway i got on to have a look by this time i was getting crabby. So i started clicking franticly, and accedently clicked yes (GRRRRR). So now when i open up internet explorer it comes up with some crap bout internet security, and i cant change the homepage back again.:cry:

Now everytime i close I/Explorer it comes up with one of those microsoft message things!!:cry:

God i hope there aint a Virus on here now. If there is how do i go about fixing it!!

Anybody, anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx guys

ANYBODY!!!

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Hate to say it, but i think there is a virus on the computer, time to get all those mates of yours that have any knowledge about computers around to sort it out

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
run spybot, run antivirus. download a program called hijackthis and see what is running on your computer.

also, try a system restore. take your computers settings back to a date before the horny bugger got on your pc.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
stocky said:
run spybot, run antivirus. download a program called hijackthis and see what is running on your computer.

also, try a system restore. take your computers settings back to a date before the horny bugger got on your pc.
so say yesterdays date??

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its more like pop ups!! Keep saying that theres spyware detected!! GRRRR
Now i know why ive always used console gaming systems!!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Yep, adaware and spybot should fix that up for you.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah definately use mozilla. IE6 is bad, but IE7 is just horrible.

to get to system restore, just go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. just pick whatever date and time you think is best

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
stocky said:
yeah definately use mozilla. IE6 is bad, but IE7 is just horrible.

to get to system restore, just go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. just pick whatever date and time you think is best

Whats wrong with IE7? I use it and I find it ALOT better than IE6. Its much more secure with the phishing filter etc. and finally has tabbed browsing, built in pop-up blocker etc. etc.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
it messed up my computer bad. was incompatable with just about everything. couldnt use msn with proxy settings after installing it. even the new live messenger has problems. microsoft just wont accept anyone using anything other than internet explorer.
friend of mine just had the same problem and he couldnt even get rid of it. he had to do a system restore just to get it off his computer.
and it just looks horrible too. worst interface ive ever seen for a web browser.