Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Thieves

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Bloody SCUMS!!

Just had three guys trying to steal my wheels tonight.
Question for you guys: how good are HSV lock nuts for VE.

I saw one person crouched behind the passenger side so I went out side with *something* about to confront them but then i got smart and decided to blinking the car (forgot it had the alarm) first and to my amazement three lebos popped out and decided to run down the street where they have parked their car and sped off.

Since three guys popped out i guess i was in shock and just stood there for a while till i realise that i should chase them in my and find out the number plate but because of the delay and that i had to do a U-turn i lost them.

I saw that they only took the lock nut cover off and that there was scratches (i'll take pictures tomorrow) indicating that it's been tempered with. I tried to look around for that cover because it should have fingerprints all over it but couldn't find it. The cops will come in the morning thought to do a finger print search.

Is it possible to have someone else out there having the same lock nut key to mine? I know they were just testing if they could undo the lock nut tonight because they didn't have any jacks on them. (i dont think so. )

does this happen a lot?

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just had three guys trying to steal my wheels tonight.
Question for you guys: how good are HSV lock nuts for VE.

I saw one person crouched behind the passenger side so I went out side with *something* about to confront them but then i got smart and decided to blinking the car (forgot it had the alarm) first and to my amazement three lebos popped out and decided to run down the street where they have parked their car and sped off.

Since three guys popped out i guess i was in shock and just stood there for a while till i realise that i should chase them in my and find out the number plate but because of the delay and that i had to do a U-turn i lost them.

I saw that they only took the lock nut cover off and that there was scratches (i'll take pictures tomorrow) indicating that it's been tempered with. I tried to look around for that cover because it should have fingerprints all over it but couldn't find it. The cops will come in the morning thought to do a finger print search.

Is it possible to have someone else out there having the same lock nut key to mine? I know they were just testing if they could undo the lock nut tonight because they didn't have any jacks on them. (i dont think so. )

does this happen a lot?

Never had any wheels pinched myself. Lock nuts only seem to be as good as the vice grips etc that are required to get them off. Lucky timing that you didn't loose your wheels. Whats with the racial slur?

Reaper

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I had mine stolen last year... the guy was caught however, and I got a cheque from the cops a year later. Not only did he loose money on selling em, he also has a criminal record, sucker.

Lebo's isn't really a racial slur imo

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
i agree. lebo isnt. maybe wog, but isnt there a movie called wogboy?

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
yes there is and i believe theres a sequel to it. good job you stopped them in time, shame you didnt catch them though

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Lebo isn't a slur, they are lebonese.

Lock nuts are only a deterant, if the theives want the wheels they'll get them.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
i suppose there is a small chance someone would have a similar locknut to u. locknuts are not failsafe though. but in this case it may have slowed them down long enough for u to find them. if u didnt have locknuts u car may have been on bricks by the time u came out

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Stamp your phone number on each rim u got more chance of getting them back if stolen.
Go the panic button :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Just get x2 different lock nuts on every wheel delay the suckers a tad longer.