Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bloody VS headrests

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
hhhmmm is anyone able to describe what this clip is like? i can sort of see the white plastic bit, is the clip actually on the inside of this plastic itself or what? i tried sticking a safety pin down inside the plastic bit but i couldn't even fit that between the plastic ring and the head rest legs, so not looking hopeful on fitting a hacksaw blade down there. Cheers.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Geez, glad its a piece of piss to get VR headrests off.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah ya lucky bugger. anyone else managed to get these damn VS headrests out?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe someone needs to find a burnt out VS or a seat frame without the fabric to find out how they are retained in the seat.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah, if only that someone could come help out here about now that'd be brilliant :). Cheers everyone for your help so far anyway though. Ideas people... ideas...???

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ok, i'm now offering my appreciation and a virtual pat on the back to anyone who can shed some light on this :p i.e. - *bump*

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Brycestro said:
ok, i'm now offering my appreciation and a virtual pat on the back to anyone who can shed some light on this :p i.e. - *bump*

OK..Here it is..:wave:

Last edited:

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
VT_Acclm said:
OK..Here it is..:wave:

dude, your a damn legend. I'll give that a go tomorrow and see how i go. Might need a little help with some of the terminologies there, but i'll see how i go anyway.

Oh yeah *hands over virtual pat on the back* well done :).

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
From the thumbnails courtesy VT_Acclm, the headrest posts still look like they should just pull straight up....When mine is fully up I count 4 detents as per the thumbnail and hidden under the trim is a tapered section of the rod??....maybe the clip goes thru a hole in the post. Bit of a bugger having to pull the seats apart.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
hhhmmm i had another look today but still can't see much at all down in there because the seat covering is hindering the view. Don't really want to have to go to the extent of taking off the seat covering, it may be a case of giving my seat covers the chop and just letting them slip right over the headrest and on, then maybe a couple of stitches or velcro to hold it together. HHmmm tis dissapointing :(.

By the way, VT_Acclm, do you have any pics of the so called "hog" somethign or others that guide refers to? Cheers, Bryce.