Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blow Off Valve? Help?

hsv_6ltr_sette

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
can you put one on a supercharged v6, (factory supercharger)

njnathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C/SPORT 5.0L 5Spd
i Dont know what your mate is thinking, he may just be baiting you into being made a fool of.
Atmospheric Blowoff valves are ILLEGAL ON THE ROAD, and they sound pathetic.
For those that dont know, a blowoff valve is primalily used to dump waste pressure from an exhaust system, or induction system, it can be used like a waste gate. AND THEY DONT HAVE TO SOUND LIKE THAT, most blow off valves are factory items that plumb the blown off gases back into the induction.
No point having a blowoff valve unless you are producing mass amounts of boost into your induction, blowoff valves, they are designed to get rid of excess boost and are commonly spring adjusted to control release pressures.

Example. I hooked a blowoff valve onto the intake of my Toyota 2GG (washing machine type) supercharged Holden v6 to prevent the intake from blowing off the motor when i took my foot of the throttle and the throttle body shut. The boost has to go somewhere.

If you want to get a little device to make everyone think you are turbo charged or supercharged, every one will laugh at you. DONT DO IT. SAY TO YOUR "MATE" 'I NEED A TURBO/SUPERCHARGED ENGINE FIRST DONT I?' your mate is having some fun with you, do your research.

Last edited:

blwnvt

{-_-}
Reaction score
Members Ride
s/c vt berlina
by far the funiest thread ive read hahaha

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
my mate bought a XR6-T.
not that i'm giving ford anything that they don't deserve, but he really made an "alright" car absolute rubbish by putting a BOV on it. sounds stupid now. BOVs are, in my opinion, only for jap turbo cars like 200sx and skylines etc.

haha no offence mate, but an XR6T, of any model, would leave your car in the dust haha. your mate is the idiot for putting a BOV on, but the car itself is great, and would drive better, and waaaay faster than yours.... just sayin :)

GlenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Pull type BOV? I think you're talking about a vacuum leak mate.