Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blown fuse?

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
My number plate lights won't work I've tried led globes off ebay and also new stock ones with no luck,could it be a blown fuse,what fuse runs the number plate lights Tia

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If your tail lights are working that would suggest you have a break in the cable somewhere. Grab a test light and start working your way back. Test the bulb holders first. You may need to remove the boot garnish and look in behind.

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
If your tail lights are working that would suggest you have a break in the cable somewhere. Grab a test light and start working your way back. Test the bulb holders first. You may need to remove the boot garnish and look in behind.
My tail lights do work,I'll see if I can figure it out,if there's a broken wire is it ok to re attach it or will I need to find a new wire?

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
just took the boot garnish off and all the wiring looks fine,unfortunately I don't have access to a test light

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
unfortunately I don't have access to a test light
I have made one previously with just a 12v globe and a couple of wires attached to get me out of a poo

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
I have made one previously with just a 12v globe and a couple of wires attached to get me out of a poo
Could the bulbs I'm using be the wrong wattage? Can they still light up if the bulb has the wrong watts?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Could the bulbs I'm using be the wrong wattage? Can they still light up if the bulb has the wrong watts?
Different watts will still work, just the brightness will be different.

Have you tried testing your replacement globes to see if they are good?
Just remember LED globes need to be the correct polarity to work. So try them.both ways if they don't light up first try.

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
Different watts will still work, just the brightness will be different.

Have you tried testing your replacement globes to see if they are good?
Just remember LED globes need to be the correct polarity to work. So try them.both ways if they don't light up first try.
How do u test globes,I bought two sets of normal 12v 5w bulbs and all don't work I've checked all the wiring in the boot and all seems well,is there a fuse or relay that controls it?,I've tried the bulbs both ways with no luck

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You really need to spend 10 bucks and buy a test light. First test the bulb holders, then back to where they join in to the main loom, which I think on the sedan is on the drivers side in the boot.

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
You really need to spend 10 bucks and buy a test light. First test the bulb holders, then back to where they join in to the main loom, which I think on the sedan is on the drivers side in the boot.
I ended up fixing the problem,turns out there was 3wires broken on the right side where it joins the main loom,the dumba** previous ownerhas cut the wires for some reason,anyway all is working now