Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blown LPG?

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
does anyone know if it can be done/has been done? i know that LPG loves compression and the idea of 10+psi of boost on tap and the resulting power interests me..

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
By blown I am guessing you mean being turbo/super charged? The first thing that comes to mind is the cost of that setup. I wonder if the insurance company would like to know you are driving around in a turbo charged 308 running on super high octane LPG. :D This interests me now a lot. I wonder if someone here has any professional experience with this.

I would seriously think that LPG has the potential to kill most cars on the road if it was done up properly.

HoldenMad

Have spanner, can fix!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
oooooo now there's an idea. I am keen to know about this too :D

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
was thinking blown, I dont like the idea of waiting for a turbo to spool up and and i havent got much room in the enginebay for a pair of snails.... a supercharger on the other hand would require bonnet mods is about all i reckon. cooling and lubrication of the lower vanes would be an issue...

i'm not lookin at anytime soon but i know that 600-700rwhp is easily achievable with a blower and lpg means not having to run lower compression style pistons to compensate for the boost...

94 Stato V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Series 11 wagon, 2014 VF SV6 Storm Ute
Might be worth getting in contact with CAPA Superchargers, they've been around a while and would have all the info you need.