Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue/black Dizzies And Stuff.

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
hook it all up and i dont have spark

glassfork

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
<<< 1) Make sure that you also get the blue HEI dizzy as you will need to use that, due to the vk running a computer for the timing (doesnt have vacuum advance). ... >>>

is that aswell as something or meaning make sure i get a blue hei dizzy... sorry im new to working on cars

HoldenMad

Have spanner, can fix!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
On advice from many folks, I am switching from EST to HEI Dizzy.

I have 2 questions.

1) If I am not replacing the thermostat housing, where should the vacuum advance connect to?

2) Do I leave the EST connected, or can I rip the box out and blank up the plug, or can I completely remove the whole EST loom?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Holdenmad just hook the vacum line up to any tvs on manifold or wherever and you can just unplug est unit.

C

Crazymatt4546

so when i put a weber 34adm on my 202 what exactly do you mean by "modifying the accelerator cable mount" does it just need to be bent or do i have to weld some kind of tag to it?

R

RedVK

Engine running rough as at idle...

Hey, I have an 85 VK 202 Black 5spd, runs okay, but i am at a loss as to where the hell my temp sensor is.... My E.S.T has been playing up recently, and i have no working display on the dash in relation to my engine temp... the engine idles at about 850, and under acceleration it feels almost like the donk is being flooded, resulting in a large power loss across the revs. Having had a quick scan across the forums, I see that this is a common problem... i'd like to see if i can fix it before it gets too ridiculous whatwith fuel prices... put it this way.... you would expect 42 Litres of 92RON to last at least more then 270 kays, but it didnt...

HEEEEELP!!!

(Cheers if ya can)

(images would be great!!!)

85_VK_EFI

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Berlina EFI
Hey im new to justcommodores, i have a 1985 VK 202 EFI. When i saw this thread i thought i should ask wot colour is my motor coz it has a lot of red painted crap and so do a lot of EFI VK's but i thought they didnt come with red motors.
Also this thread talks a lot about the carbie motors and how to more power and differences and stuff like that wot about the EFI how can i get more power.
Thanx

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
the EFI 202 was a black motor painted red, if you know what i mean...
as for some tweaks to your 6, better intake and a mild cam should make some difference...

robbo10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK/SL 3.3l AUTO SED.
Hey, HSKEV260R8. And anybody else interested.
Have a look at the build date of the vehicles. You will find there is a commencement date for the fitting of airpumps to vehicles and includes the gallery along the top of the exhaust ports. I have a VK SL 3300 (202) that you can have the airpump from, if you want it(the pump still works). The pumps were fitted to all petrol powered vehicles as part of the ADR requirement of the time, prior to catalytic converters being mandated. Don't believe it achieved anything worthwhile though, except putting more money towards the fuel companies and causing horse power loss.

oldmatevh

Reaction score
Members Ride
202 vh
just wanted to know main difference with vh and vk carby?i got a vh and have a fully rebuilt vk carby will this work ok?