Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue/black Dizzies And Stuff.

project commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
i had a lot of trouble with the dizzy in my blue 202 running way too high total advance(51 degrees) got it regraphed and for good measure added a 6a msd module and the difference was huge.

blinky666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
I have a VH 202 auto bluemotor, the HEI dizzy was broken i now have what i believe to be a redmotor standard vacuum advanced one in there which works fine, i was wondering where these three wires go and if they are related?

IMG00250-1.jpg

Green i wired to the temp sensor and the brown i wired to the alternator, i have what i think is a vk thermostat housing which also has a temp sensor in it, should i wire this wire to that instead of the one near plug 6? or will the one near plug 6 work fine? i have a VC stage 2 dash installed without a tacho

also i fitted a CAIN intake manifold and a 350 holley, i used the pipe from the side of the carb to the dizzy vacuum advance i copied this from the patrol that the holley was from, i don't have any EGR gear as i have extractors fitted, this is how i have put the rest of the vacuum pipes, there is a pipe on the baseplate of the carby but it has been clamped shut should i move any of my pipes there?

IMG00198-1-1.jpg

i have no understanding of how the thermal vacuum switches work and at the moment they are bypassed if i need to use them how would i go about rigging them up, i also looped my pcv system back into itself, is this much of an issue?

sorry for all the questions at once, any info is much appreciated

I'm stuck in this exact same position. Did you ever work it all out or can anyone help?

oshi16

Reaction score
Members Ride
85' VK 202 Carby
Hey Guys,

I know this is an old thread; but it gave me a lot of useful tips. I'd like to keep it going. So I'll throw this question into the fray!

On a black 202 running a blue dizzy with hei coil (all running sound). What is the best way to adjust the timing to accurate specifications of requirement? Keeping in mind that the air-con and air pump are still attached and there is no 'straight shot' to apply a timing light.

Any help would be rad!

Brendan

AJ-VL-23

Reaction score
Redcliffe, Western Australia / Wiluna, North Weste
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
82 VH Commodore 202
well when i can't set the timing with a timing light or when the timing light doesn't do a good job i usually do it by ear or feel, turn the engine on and off see if it over runs (like keeps going) spins backwards or whatever, i'm still kind of new at this, i seem to know more when i'm with an engine than thinking about them haha

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
to set the timing block off the vac advance and point the light at the balancer pulley and timing case mark you will see the mark on the edge. the modal of the distributor will be very close to parallel with the oil pump unless the rubber on the balancer has slipped if so it will fail soon but the fact its wobbling will give it away , driving it and advancing it till it pings and knocking it down till it don't will end up further advanced

oshi16

Reaction score
Members Ride
85' VK 202 Carby
Ah ok sweet. Myself I did it by ear over a few different runs (and days) to compare performance and heating. I initially had it too far advanced and was cooking it; once I retarded it back and increased the idle revs it was all swet. Run's cool and still poky!

Cheers Guys,

Brendan

wasted_days

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo, HJ Sandman project
Don't know if it was brought up or talked about, but I do remember hearing many years ago Ford xf carbies where the go to replace the varajet carbies?

I have a question i'm thinking I just need confirming but I've forgotten more about these old girls than I remember..

Did all vh blue 6's have electronic distributors?

I've got a vh wagon I'm trying to nut out ATM without spending any cash on it because I'm only planning to sell it so don't wanna sink wasted money in to it to get it running. It has a points dizzy in it (not my doing).