Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Wow really? The 0.5w ones worked for me.. I wonder what's gone wrong with yours? What car are you doing it with? Also, what lights did you change over?

Does anyone with an Executive (VT or VX) have their mode buttons lighting up? Or headlight switch for that matter also? Neither of mine light up, before or AFTER conversion. =(

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
What exactly came in the kit?

M

Mr Invisible 55

light bulbs

I have a Vx Holden Commodore acclaim and i was wondering how i would replace the bubls on the rear electric window buttons as they dont ight up any more and if it is easy thanx RYAN
:drink:

DeanVTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 SS
Both my mode button and Headlight button worked before and after the conversion. That is in an SS.

Have you checked if there is any voltage running through them with a Multimeter, could be as simple as the globe not in the correct way.

I couldn’t believe that a model doesn't eliminate, simply for the fact that the mode button part is the same for each model.

Sprawler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S/Wagon
I have a 97 vt acclaim stationwagon. I attempted to change over most of the lights the 5 in the dash, the aircon controls and also the trac and power buttons. Also my mode and headlight switch doesnt light up

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Ahh beauty I didn't think they did. Strange but true. I had my globes in around the right way, AND LED's after conversion. Tested by applying power to the original pins on the connector. It just doesn't get a steady supply of voltage. Strange..

That sucks sprawler.. it should of worked with the right resistor. Are you sure you soldered the resistor to the positive end of the LED and no part inbetween the LED and Resistor was touching metal contacts? It's sounding like something was loose and power jumped ahead of the resistor, if it took awhile to burn out. But all of them? Have a word to the guys at dicksmith, or preferably jaycar, see what you can come up with.

Deserthead, VERY interesting! I'll watch it for the next few hours and maybe pick it up. Means taking everything apart again and replacing the soldered LED's back to globes.. but hey that looks a WHOLE lot cleaner. As far as the A/C controls and the pathetic scratching back I did, I'm gonna head over to a wreckers, and pick up the plastic face.. try it without scratching off the green material. See how that goes.

Cheers guys.

Sprawler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S/Wagon
Thanks for the help Spyper, decided to try the LED's at www.ledshoponline.com someone posted the link earlier. not sure how it will go but we'll see

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Good luck with those but I still think you take those over to JayCar, tell them the exact application you're using them for. Tell them you're going to be applying 12volts, and need resistors to bring it down to the right voltage. Make sure you get the part number for the LED's if possible, or take in the fact sheet that comes with them. It will tell you ideal operating voltage into the LED's, and jaycar can get the appropriate resistors needed. Just remember nothing should touch the metal contacts. Good luck.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
whered you get the silver one for half the price?

I acctually stumbled across that myself about half an hour ago.

I'm wanting blue lights seeing as my new baby will be a blue VX - and I'm going for the full VX SS silver dash so I suppose silver dials would look Ok too.

Its either that or a red dash insert ... I cant find a blue one anywhere to match the exterior colour