Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LED Dash Conversion

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Brycestro said:
mate i've very interested in all the info and pics i can get. Make sure to pass em on to me. P.S. how much did the acetone/nail polish remover cost ya and what quantities did you need?

About 3 dollars a bottle and one bottle will be fine

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
cheers mate, good to hear it's cheap. Feel free to email your piccy's to [email protected] or post em up here once ya done with it all. Cheers, Bryce :).

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Dave398 said:
So mate how do you get in there, I havnt worked it out yet. Sorry if someone else has already explained this.

Have u got as far as takin ur whole console out yet?? 1nc u do that then its just a matter of gettin a flat head screw driver n unclipin the shifter surround off from underneith but it also helps 2 take the screw outer the shifter also as it lifts up a bit so wen u move ur surround around with out takin it actually off u have more room 2 play with then.

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Hey guys, im in wantirna/ ringwood and really want to change over to blue led's but arn't a wiz at all this. I've read through what everyone is saying but arn't game enough to try it myself. If anyone lives in the area, or close by and are willing to come over and give it a shot with me it would be much appreciated. Everyones pics are looking great so far. Keep it up, cheers...

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I still want to see some pics of a dash done with T5 wedge LED's.
Anyone else done this?

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I had a go at pullin my dash appart over the weekend, seems simple enough....I might give the conversion a try one day

Do you really have to use resistors on the LEDs in the cluster?

Im thinkin about doing what Deserthead did with his, take the cluster out and
replace the face with a white insert that already illuminates blue for the speedo, and place one blue LED for the ODO etc.

Anyone had any luck with changing over the little leds that sit inside the power window switches to blue by any chance?
Took a rear power window switch appart last night, and the LED is tiny as!

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
WinterVX said:
I had a go at pullin my dash appart over the weekend, seems simple enough....I might give the conversion a try one day

Do you really have to use resistors on the LEDs in the cluster?

Im thinkin about doing what Deserthead did with his, take the cluster out and
replace the face with a white insert that already illuminates blue for the speedo, and place one blue LED for the ODO etc.

Anyone had any luck with changing over the little leds that sit inside the power window switches to blue by any chance?
Took a rear power window switch appart last night, and the LED is tiny as!

Do a search on ebay for LEDs and see if there's any small ones on there. i know you can get the 3mm/5mm/10mm ones cheap on there, haven't specifically looked for any smaller.