Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue LEDs in a VT dash.. how much $$ ??

danx

Reaction score
how much am i looking at to get the blue LEDs put in my dash and climate controls and everything else that has a green LED replaced ?

cant be stuffed doing it myself, to much hassle.. so i wanna pay someone, who is qualified to do this sort of thing to do it all for me..

any ideas, or know anyone that does it ??

Thanks
Dan

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I dunno bout qualified ppl but id say auto elects should b able 2 do it, tho theres a heap of ppl on here im sure would b willing 2 do it 4 ya prolly will b cheaper 2. i did mine its not really hard at all ay

Boostn247

Boostn247
Reaction score
Website
www.farkin.net
Members Ride
2000 VT CALAIS v6 On 20s,140db stereo,baggin soon
I did mine over the last 2 nights & so did a mate of mine

it cost $30

the only thing is that it can be fiddly & does take time, so thats the major thing, pm me here for any info ... or use the search these forums..

you need 15x 5mm 10,000 pcd leds $$$roughly $1.75 each

20 resistors to suit 12v & those style leds 10 for $0.40c

RUS-14N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon Executive V6
Its a big job, I reckon sumone would charge $500 for it!

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
An auto-elec doesn't do custom work.. you'd need to find someone that's electronically minded that'd do it for 'fun' or to help you out. Check the "Blue Led dash conversion" thread and post in there to get some help. It's not a difficult job, especially after you've done it once. Post where your from and ask if anyone is close to you that could help.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
they will do it but of corse coz its gonna cost a fair bit they dont bother even tho its just a small job but the hourly rate would kill the customers pocket. ur prolly best off if ne1 look 4 some1 who works with computers they would know a fair bit bout circuitry u would think but they would prolly charge a bit 2, tho like spyder said look in the thread 4 ppl 2 do it 4 u its not that hard 2 do

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
grafxworld said:
20 bucks and 30 min to do mine

serious u took only 30 mins 2 do the whole conversion of ur dash climate controls n everything??? did u even solder them in hahaha ???