Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue P Plates?!?

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
I know here in ACT Probationary licences are blue, like the actual licence card is blue, although they dont have to display any sort of plates.

airforceone

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais superc6
blue is the last of 4 colour process that dosnt fade in the sun when printed,yellow is the first, most likely faded print , the yellow that makes the green colour has faded leaving blue.

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
my friends car has blue ones, her car has never been impounded but if you look under the suction cup its still green, its just the crappy ones vic roads sent out that have faided

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
sweet thanks guys for the answers :)

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
What does the rta website say about blue P plates? Thats where i'd be checking...

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I actually know about these..

Ive seen them alot in the city and dont know why there on cars...

They are for country people that do not have access to public or other transport to and from work...

You can get them once you have done your 120hrs and 6 month instead of 12 months.

They come with a ****load more restrictions and are really hard to get so im not sure why city people are displaying them, IM assuming they are just faded greenies in the city

My cousin applied for one, he lives an hour from work (boilermaker) and couldnt get one because they said his parents could drive him three... at 3 in the morning..

I hope that is the answer and the laws havent changed since i spoke to him..

If you are ever needing advice about this sort of stuff call the RTA (or your roads authority) tech. help line and ask them. Thats what their there for. Don't bother popping into the RTA office, they really dont know much and will just search for the answer on google and rta's website...

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
There is also Yellow ones going around. Very faded reds I would assume. I also thought maybe these blue ones were just peoples small mods to look cool, like having the p plate purposely upside down gives you 50rwkw extra.

And yes in Victoria it must be a White P on a red or green background. But lately people have started getting the opposite. Green or red P on white back ground, have no clue why, it's illegal. My mate only does because he must on his Canberra lisence. As for me I just don't display them because cops love 'em.