Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue racer cam in VN SS

Helicopter

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Calais V8
if it goes better when cold and looses torque when it warms up ide say its not rich enough plus richer will make it lope at idle more too

Hi delcowizzid,

You may well me correct, BUT at 22l/100km, do I really want to richen it up further? Remember that 22l/100km is driving it like a 3 cylinder Daihatsu Charade:bang:

Floor it and it will climb to over 28 real quick:whistling

As I already mentioned to monaroman, and elsewhere in these forums, I need to check the following:

1. That the timing mark on the harmonic balancer is correct and has not slipped.

2. That I installed the cam correctly and its not retarted by a few degrees.

Both will require removal of No.1 plug and inserting a screw driver [or whatever] to find the real TDC of No.1 piston before going any further otherwise I'm just chasing my tail on this.

Its just one of those time consuming to do things on my list at present.

Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if the VE is out or the timing is not right it will run in completly the wrong cells and wont help fuel consumption either ever logged it with an aldl cable to see where its running.and how the fuel trims are

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5L - 12.6@108 stock bottom end & comp
Whilst the tune i got with my cam kit wasn't great (it was that one that i'm sure you got if you bought it off ebay) i never had any problems with stalling etc. Just new it wasn't at 100% performance.

Jason's tune, on the other hand, ran very well on mine, even with an inlet manifold that no one else in oz has.

So if its still chewing 22L/100kms, something electronics wise must be a problem (eg O2 sensor). Are you reading this figure from the trip computer? if so, the basic calibration factor on the computer can be changed very easily by hand, it does not require tune adjsutment. Have you checked this? i think the std number is 625, but i could be wrong?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think the VE map on the tune is pretty close, I'll have a check over the weekend compard to the other blue racer tune I've done with a guys wide band and it's spot on, but I don't thnk there's much in it. It's about 15% leaner than the standard cam at 2000 rpm if I remember correctly. I recently had a drama with my ecu being stuffed up and reading cold all the time, something to investigate maybe. The original tune helicopter got was the same as yours I think BUT his was burnt on a unmodified V6 memcal, your's wasn't and that stuffed him up for a while