Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue VY S2 Storm

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series I VY SS Ute 5.7/M6
Where do you think I could get one?

I had an idea of getting a VY Sedan key, reprogramming it and sticking my key bit at the top, then getting some hydrolic rams and then attach them to the hard lid and the body and using the key to open the tray. That way I can keep the tray lid looking smooth and clean.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
eBay? You'd be lucky to find a genuine but there is a few aftermarket fibreglass ones around that look good.

And yeah as for central locking that would be sweet I thought about it for mine, or you can get automatic struts that lift it up and down with a key and act as a locking mechanism too I think. Only thing really stopping me is I'd have to take out the original locks and shave the holes off, perhaps if you order a new hardlid ask them not to put the locks in?

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
and now im torn. I have 2 options to use my tax on. first is the hardlid idea, the second is a t56 conversion.

I can pick up a T56 for about 1600 and a recod one for about 2200. a place in bundy called Difftrans have a T56 and have done a conversion like this before, also my diff is on the way out, and the ratios need to be changed for the conversion, so i might as well get those out of the way too.

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's been decided. The next mod I'm going to do isn't exactly a mod... More of a repair.

I suffered a bit of a prang that removed my front bumper and dented my front left guard, and pushed my bonet to one side. So after getting those fixed, while I was trying to reassemble the car, I snapped a few clips on the bumper, grazed the bonnet and put a nice deep scratch in my front left guard.

So my new plan is to grab a vz bonnet, fluted guards, bumper and grille and some headlights and get the front end repainted.

Not trying to dress the car up or anything but bundy has nothing in the way of decent vy ss's that I can get a front bar for, Holden in bundy is no longer holding parts for vy's and the vz stuff is pretty cheap anyway.

So I figure a grand for the guards, bumper, bonnet and headlights, and another grand to get them painted.

As for the rest of my tax cash, I was thinking some better brakes. No point getting some go fast bits if I can't come to a stop after mashing the throttle.

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
5c57ae5f.jpg

The awesome scratch in my guard.

5fc63510.jpg

the crack in my windscreen got bigger

c2e4bd35.jpg

got rid of th hoon sticker

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, a few months ago, the Storm decided it would be an awesome idea to snap and strip a few bolts that hold my diff in place.

I had to get the 4 mounting holes on the diff re-threaded so I could mount my diff back up. No idea how it happened or why. even when I was talking to the mechanics, they have never heard of this kind of thing happening.

Then I managed to do this to one of my ROH Nighthawks.

attachment.php

But I was sick of cleaning the chrome so I ended up buying these.

attachment.php

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
just an update.

got a soft cover for the tray, sometime this week I'm going to paint it with the storm logo.

I tried holden but they don't make the old storm covers anymore.

I still have to sand down that quarter pane and buff the bonnet.

had some idling issues the other week. my idle would either bounce between 250rpm and 1700rpm when cold. and sit at 1100-1500rpm when hot.

so I got new plugs, found 2 that were rusted and one that had snapped in half. checked the coil and leads, cleaned my iac valve, throttle body and maf, and gave the k&n a good clean and hooked up this little rubber hose that had come off the underside of my throttle body.

now her idle is back to 850 rpm and I'm happy.

pics will be posted soon

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
622102_4459761220272_1138762589_o.jpg

240558_4463552355048_189812178_o.jpg

209342_4463550034990_1642439322_o.jpg

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Nice ute, I'm enjoying following your updates. Shame you never ended up spending the tax money on the diff, but hey it's tax time again just around the corner!

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Updates:

I did end up getting the 3.46 ratio diff, just not with the tax cash.

Since my last update she's gotten a few dents, a couple of really tiny ones in the bonnet and a scratch on the passenger side quarter panel.

Gonna get all the scratches and dents fixed, and maybe get some new rims.