Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blues Appreciation Thread

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Wow, some good stuff in this thread. Well worth the necro Nitro_X. I'll add a few to the list (some from far out in the left field)...

Bonnie Raitt, (Traditional Blues/Country) probably the best female blues artist ever. Had the immense pleasure of experiencing her incredibly moving live performances. Hard to pin down one song as a sample.

Frank Zappa (yes he wrote some blues numbers and covered others) always had amazingly talented artists with him.

Jimmy LaFave (Leaning more towards folk/country ballads) an accomplished acoustic guitar player with a sweet voice. Some beautiful Dylan covers.

Leonard Cohen Way beyond blues and deep into Black (so dark it could almost be satirical). Cohen's music is not advised if you're prone to suicidal thoughts.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Wow, some good stuff in this thread. Well worth the necro Nitro_X. I'll add a few to the list (some from far out in the left field)...

Bonnie Raitt, (Traditional Blues/Country) probably the best female blues artist ever. Had the immense pleasure of experiencing her incredibly moving live performances. Hard to pin down one song as a sample.

Frank Zappa (yes he wrote some blues numbers and covered others) always had amazingly talented artists with him.

Jimmy LaFave (Leaning more towards folk/country ballads) an accomplished acoustic guitar player with a sweet voice. Some beautiful Dylan covers.

Leonard Cohen Way beyond blues and deep into Black (so dark it could almost be satirical). Cohen's music is not advised if you're prone to suicidal thoughts.

Nick Cave also shouldn't be played to those with the same thoughts

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

Yeah, Bonnie Raitt's a great musician. I have two of her albums.