Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Artist Name?

AiiDynBrus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 S1
Only had my VE for 2 days now and I only play music through Bluetooth but it doesn’t show artist name at all? I can only pause and skip songs on the Display? No Artist info etc, any way to show song name and other info?

My car is:

2011 Holden Commodore VE Series II

redhotclubsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II MY 12 SV6
Only had my VE for 2 days now and I only play music through Bluetooth but it doesn’t show artist name at all? I can only pause and skip songs on the Display? No Artist info etc, any way to show song name and other info?

My car is:

2011 Holden Commodore VE Series II
I have the same issue. The only way I get this info is to actually connect my music device with a cable to the usb port in the centre console (at least that's how I get it from my iphone) otherwise no details - weird but true

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The S2 IQ unit had limited Bluetooth streaming functionality, it wasn't ever able to detect track names etc.

Theres no way around it unfortunately, it was quite common for stereos of that era to be honest, you have to remember the IQ system is now 8 years old.

daggmano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Omega
Just picked up a 2010 VE SII and was pretty surprised to find the poor support for bluetooth. Yes, streaming works fine, but the 2011 Yaris I just got rid of had much better support (Artist, Album, etc). Oh, and does anyone know if it's possible to make the S2 IQ switch to BT streaming at startup rather than starting on radio and needing to switch manually?

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I have an 08 VE SS, it has the answer button on the steering and pretty sure a microphone near the sunglasses holder.

I've been told I just have to buy and install a Bluetooth module off eBay to get it working.

A) is this true?

B) can it be easily installed yourself or do I need an professional?

Cheers

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
I have an 08 VE SS, it has the answer button on the steering and pretty sure a microphone near the sunglasses holder.

I've been told I just have to buy and install a Bluetooth module off eBay to get it working.

A) is this true?
I could be wrong but I think it is for calls only, not music.

That seemed to be the case when I looked into it for my Omega (which also has the phone button on the steering wheel), might be different for the SS.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I could be wrong but I think it is for calls only, not music.

That seemed to be the case when I looked into it for my Omega (which also has the phone button on the steering wheel), might be different for the SS.
You're right bro, only for calls unfortunately.

daggmano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Omega
Yeah, my (limited) understanding is the S1 iQ unit (even with the BT module) could only do calls. The S2 iQ can do streaming, but even that's limited.

Letswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sportswagon
Yeah, my (limited) understanding is the S1 iQ unit (even with the BT module) could only do calls. The S2 iQ can do streaming, but even that's limited.
Not only limited but I’d say the quality isn’t as good as both the AUX and the iPod connectivity.

Recently got a 2012 VE II with the S2 IQ and Bluetooth is good for calls sucks for music.

I have my phone plugged in via USB and connected on Bluetooth, calls go over the Bluetooth and you get the music downloaded onto the phone showing up on the IQ, sounds much better then the Bluetooth streaming.