Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

paulevered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
QUOTE=I have attached a .PDF file of installation instructions of Blue Tooth Phone kit

I notice page 5 is missing.
Is there anything of interest on that page?

Prodrive

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I was very suprised to find that the BT in the ve ss will play music via BT. As I have a nokia 5310 Xpress music fone.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
It will play music, but it doesn't sound the best. I tried this as well and it appears the audio bandwidth is very restricted (almost like it's clipped to the voice band only).

I'm told there is an extension to the bluetooth standard called A2DP which provides enhanced audio streaming - but I'm told the VE bluetooth kit doesn't support this (yet).

Most phones don't either.

I'd love to stream audio from my phone through the car stereo, but unfortunately the quality just isn't decent.\

What build date is your VE ? I wonder if they have updated it to support the better audio since mine was built.

Prodrive

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I test drove 07 ve ss. music was sh*t like you say. my 08 should be ready next weekend to pickup. but I think it would be the same.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
While you're on the phone set the balance and fade to full right and full front respectively. It only changes it for the "Voice-In". Goes back to your other settings afterwards.

Gave this a try today Cousin Slow Poke.... great idea!

Love this forum... so much great stuff to learn!

gwalch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
While you're on the phone set the balance and fade to full right and full front respectively. It only changes it for the "Voice-In". Goes back to your other settings afterwards.

Man.. how to feel like an idiot!!
I was trying everything under the sun to try and fix this problem.. but then you come up with something so simple.
:bang:

Thanks for the info.. has reduced the echo by about 90%

Top work!!

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
My thoughts exactly.........Thanks 'cousin' for the heads-up, you have fixed a bug-bear I have had for months.

Rogues

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I finally made the settings changes in my Calais today and I'm pleased to report that my Next G Nokia 6120 is now working perfectly and echo free. Wooo hooo !!

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Has anyone answered the question put by welly01 regardig a fault developing whilst using his Bluetooth?
I am getting the same symptoms when trying to set mine up.
When I make an outgoing call the phone I am calling rings but I get silence my end on B/T. I cant receive calls. Everything goes dead.
I have checked with the phone dealer who advised me that I have set up my phone correctly.
Strange that the symptoms are identical to welly01.
Thanks Keith.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
If it were me, I would take the car to the dealer and get them to replace the bluetooth module. That is bizarre. You should be able to start the car with one turn of the key and have both the climate control and bluetooth work.

I have said elsewhere that I have had every electrical fault with my VE. I take that back, since day one the bluetooth has been perfect and I've not needed to make any adjustments to car or phone.

I have had climate control issues, since been fixed by a replacement module (or so I was told, and I've not had problems since).