Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree

Katz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
Hi. We have purchased a 2007 VE SV6 Commodore. I can connect the Bluetooth through phone and answer through steering wheel but can't hear anything. Radio/CD still going, doesn't change on display to Voice as mentioned on other threads. Other person can hear me through the mic but I can't hear them. Any ideas on how to fix this?

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Hi. We have purchased a 2007 VE SV6 Commodore. I can connect the Bluetooth through phone and answer through steering wheel but can't hear anything. Radio/CD still going, doesn't change on display to Voice as mentioned on other threads. Other person can hear me through the mic but I can't hear them. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Hi Katz,
I've got a Calais V 2009 purchased near new (demo). I've had similar problems over the years and it eventually beat me into submission. Holden had absolutely no idea (two different dealerships). Every time I mentioned it in passing they said they'll try a new BT module - but that's not the problem as I also did it myself and it made no difference. Exactly the same as you, can connect, can answer, other people can hear you - you cannot hear them. Holden also checked microphone, and no problem. They sought of 'gave up' in the end...

This is an issue that has both frustrated me, and one that I have researched over many years - and I'm yet to find an answer. People will try to 'flash' the BT version, replace the module (which sits behind the glove box), replace the microphone etc etc. My BT 'looks ' like it's working fine, but doesn't. Holden also stated it could be a 'phone' issue (BT version in car module vs OS/BT version that Apple et al. runs etc). There are many different hypotheses out there. Then, of course, others state their BT runs just fine and with different phones over quite a number of years - so go figure. It really is a lucky dip. I 'think' the series 2 (iLink?) system was better, but then I find others having problems there too.

In the end, I'm going to replace it with a new head unit/setup so I can take advantage of CarPlay/multiple concurrent BT connections and just write it off as a bad dream. It's a pity because when it did originally work it worked very, very well - but that was a long time ago.

That said, if you (or anyone else) finds a fix, let me know! o_O

Cheers,

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Hi Katz,
I've got a Calais V 2009 purchased near new (demo). I've had similar problems over the years and it eventually beat me into submission. Holden had absolutely no idea (two different dealerships). Every time I mentioned it in passing they said they'll try a new BT module - but that's not the problem as I also did it myself and it made no difference. Exactly the same as you, can connect, can answer, other people can hear you - you cannot hear them. Holden also checked microphone, and no problem. They sought of 'gave up' in the end...

This is an issue that has both frustrated me, and one that I have researched over many years - and I'm yet to find an answer. People will try to 'flash' the BT version, replace the module (which sits behind the glove box), replace the microphone etc etc. My BT 'looks ' like it's working fine, but doesn't. Holden also stated it could be a 'phone' issue (BT version in car module vs OS/BT version that Apple et al. runs etc). There are many different hypotheses out there. Then, of course, others state their BT runs just fine and with different phones over quite a number of years - so go figure. It really is a lucky dip. I 'think' the series 2 (iLink?) system was better, but then I find others having problems there too.

In the end, I'm going to replace it with a new head unit/setup so I can take advantage of CarPlay/multiple concurrent BT connections and just write it off as a bad dream. It's a pity because when it did originally work it worked very, very well - but that was a long time ago.

That said, if you (or anyone else) finds a fix, let me know! o_O

Cheers,
1. Get an Aeropro HVAC with aftermarket H/U - you’ll love Apple CarPlay
2. Disconnect & discard shitty GM BT behind the console

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Same deal, if not CarPlay then Android Auto
Or both, many units do both.

My son just had one of these installed ( Aeropro ) in his Hilux. Looks pretty flash. Also with reverse camera etc. Better than what he had!

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Or both, many units do both.

My son just had one of these installed ( Aeropro ) in his Hilux. Looks pretty flash. Also with reverse camera etc. Better than what he had!
Yup mine does both too